Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Sauerbraten Release Is Imminent

Phoronix: New Sauerbraten Release Is Imminent

It has been nearly a year since the last update to Sauerbraten, the 2008 CTF edition, but the open-source developers behind this game and its engine of the same name have been preparing for a new release. Within the next few days we should see the first 2009 release of Sauerbraten and it brings a host of new features. In this article is a rundown on some of the key features along with screenshots we captured when running their latest Subversion code.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

yay first reply.

Thats a nice wob of screenshots i might say. Always a fun game now and then

Comment

I love the slow motion deathmatch. It would be nice to be able to set minimum health though, as it's just a tad too slow motion at 10 health. Great for observing the graphics

Comment

Looks like Quake 2 with bumpmaps!

Comment

The radolls are a signifigant portion of this release, I could see this being adopted by a number of other projects.

Comment

Michael, you forgot to mention the bots!
            Also, "Sauerbraten" has been officially dropped as the name. It's just Cube 2 now (though it's more like Cube 2: Sauerbraten).

Comment

sauerbraten's been missing viewbobbing for a long time. I always hated the slide motion

Comment

That's a little bit odd... saving on simple coding like head bobbing and then boasting about having rag-dolls? So much about "wrong priorities" :P

Comment

The new release is now avaible from sauerbraten.org!

The full changelog is avaible from here: http://sauerbraten.org/docs/history.html (@Michael: it is newer than the one you read, in case you're interested)

Comment

Its finally out

I just downloaded the may 2009 sauerbraten.
                    It has more maps, better graphics, and it totally freaking awsome.
                    I love you sauerbraten
                    everybody should download the awsome 2009 edition or they suck.

Comment

Working...
                    X