Valve Launches "Aperture Desk Job" As A Free, Short Game For The Steam Deck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve Launches "Aperture Desk Job" As A Free, Short Game For The Steam Deck

Phoronix: Valve Launches "Aperture Desk Job" As A Free, Short Game For The Steam Deck

Valve's newest game is... Aperture Desk Job. This is a mini game set within the Portal universe and used for showing off the Steam Deck controls while also working with other game controllers too...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Aperture Desk Job is a Windows game but runs on the Steam Deck via Steam Play (Proton)
    The store page lists it as having a native Linux version and according to SteamDB that native version is the one that gets installed automatically on Deck "recommended_runtime: native"

Comment

Is is native.

Comment

That's hilarious.

Comment

We need a 1500 Megawatt Aperture Science Heavy Duty Super-Colliding Super Button in our SteamDeck!

Comment

Can't wait to see LinuxGameCast review this thing to see how many chairs it rates.

Comment

Sorry, I bowed to pressure from various online friends to try a couple of the "walking simulators" that were popular at the time (Gone Home and Esther something something, and something else, I forget) and found them tedious, bland and eminently... well, forgettable.

Never again.

Comment

Its a smart little game, it serves the same purpose as minesweeper did for Windows. Familiarizing people with the control set of the console, or in the case of minesweeper teach people to use the mouse.

Comment

Will it be also available for classic Linux Steam?

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
                    Will it be also available for classic Linux Steam?
                    It already is. I played it on my Linux laptop, with DualShock 4 controller. I never used gyro before in a game so that was kinda cool.

Comment

Working...
                    X