Ask Questions About The Unigine Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
    I have a question about the engine construction itself. Why is there d3d9 support when no d3d 9 card can run it? I have a 7950 and thats about the best dx9 card that was made. although thats relative to preference, it was certainly the last series nvidia made before DX10. After turning absolutely everything off i get ~30fps. Will you make optimizations on the future to support D3D9 speed mprovements or was it part of an evolutionary process?
    Maybe a guy is running XP with a fairly powerful card. I see no real reason to run Vista until there are some serious titles with proper DX10 support.

I have a few questions, but they've already been asked.

Comment

Originally posted by superppl View Post
      Maybe a guy is running XP with a fairly powerful card. I see no real reason to run Vista until there are some serious titles with proper DX10 support.

I have a few questions, but they've already been asked.
      ahhh yes true say. But it looks like XP is going by the wayside with Win7 . I suppose the dx9 is also good for xbox360.

Comment

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
        its questions like this that stop leadwerks engine from ever going to linux. The dev's over there think that everyone in the linux community wants everything for free.
        "After a few years". The engine will be out-of-date then, anyway.

Comment

17. What do you intend and/or expect to achieve in the Linux space with this engine?

18. Does the engine support external and third party libraries? (if I want to use different API for sound, or physics, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by r0ck View Post
            12. Your "Indie" prices are virtually the same as the regular prices only that a larger part of the sum can be paid after an investor has stepped in. Do you plan on lowering the prices once Unigine is established a little more? I can hardly think of an Indie-dev that would sign up for a 40,000 Dollar engine.
            Not to sound like a prick but if the engine is as good as the pictures and videos would make it seem like, it would probably be well worth it. The investor likely gives you more than enough money to pay the bill if you play your cards right. (Also seems to me the page says you don't have to pay the second part at all if the project goes bust before release. Then again, another way to read it is: do not release before you get an investor)

Comment

Last call for questions... Get them in today if you want them answered.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

After looking at the feature list, it's very impressive.
                I'm curious to know if there's going to be a Blender import or export plugin?
                Your page says Unigine 1.0 supports R300 & up- if there are any more updates to it planned, would you support the open-source Radeon driver? (I understand the performance isn't the same).

Comment

When will we get the answers to these questions?

Comment

Early next week, hopefully.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

That would be awesome, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X