Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft To Acquire Activision Blizzard

Phoronix: Microsoft To Acquire Activision Blizzard

Microsoft announced plans this morning to acquire Activision Blizzard in a nearly $69 billion (USD) deal...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

$69 billion in ... cash. Imagine trucks full of $100 banknotes. OMG. I'm joking of course, it's gonna be electronic transactions between bank accounts most likely. Corporations have become larger than many countries.

I sure hope to see recent A-B titles in Steam and I really hope they will drop an abomination called Battle.net.

Comment

At this point the word 'interesting' becomes meaningless

Comment

This was not that surprising considering how much Activision drove Blizzard into the ground. I think that Microsoft will give more freedom to the developers compared to Activision whose whole business model is milking games like call of duty

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
          $69 billion in ... cash. Imagine trucks full of $100 banknotes. OMG. I'm joking of course, it's gonna be electronic transactions between bank accounts most likely. Corporations have become larger than many countries.

I sure hope to see recent A-B titles in Steam and I really hope they will drop an abomination called Battle.net.
          i'd say they will drop Battle Net BUT replace it with their own store.
          My only hope is that SteamDeck might save Linux Gaming

Comment

"The bar's so low even we couldn't screw it up"
            -Microsoft, probably

Comment

To be fair, Activision arent the powerhouse they used to be

Comment

Originally posted by bachchain View Post
                "The bar's so low even we couldn't screw it up"
                -Microsoft, probably
                Shit, for me the current low bar is being set by MSFS 2020 and CoD Vanguard. Those games have so many bugs for how much revenue they generate it isn't funny.

I bought MSFS 2020 back in November and it wasn't until a week or two ago that someone found a method of entering and exiting things in the right order for Bush Flights to work somewhat correctly.

The friggin sights we can unlock for guns on CoD Vanguard don't work. The sights on the guns on a shooting game are broken. That's all I need to say about how messed up Vanguard is.

Comment

Microsoft please release the source code to the id Tech 5 engine!

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
                    $69 billion in ... cash. Imagine trucks full of $100 banknotes.
                    Truck full of cash

Truck full of cache

Comment

Working...
                    X