No announcement yet.

Microsoft To Acquire Activision Blizzard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Normally I'd be dead against this. But the state of Blizzard right now means it's probably a good thing, as long as MS gets rid of the top few levels of management across the board. Blizzard is not what it used to be, but I think MS will be a better steward than Activision. It won't bring Blizzard back to it's heyday, but it's better than the current status quo.

Sucks for PlayStation users who want to play CoD, but ho hum, them's the breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
      Normally I'd be dead against this. But the state of Blizzard right now means it's probably a good thing, as long as MS gets rid of the top few levels of management across the board. Blizzard is not what it used to be, but I think MS will be a better steward than Activision. It won't bring Blizzard back to it's heyday, but it's better than the current status quo.

Sucks for PlayStation users who want to play CoD, but ho hum, them's the breaks.
      The issue is that the CEO is still supposed to stay on. The guy who helped cause all of the culture issues at the company. Zero consequences, tons of benefits.

It’s a massive shame.

Comment

Bad for consumers, so expect this acquisition to be approved.

Comment

Microsoft Hearts Linux, so be prepared for every and all titles to receive native ports on day one! /sarc

Comment

This is quite alarming. Imagine if they try to use Battle.net for all of their games or require all XBox games to use it.

Comment

69 billion just to keep xbox afloat

Comment

Microsoft were leading aboycott of activision a month ago...

Embrace, Crush, almost extinguish, buy?

Comment

"We bought it so we can fix it. You know, like Skype."

Comment

I am going to choose to be hopeful about this and dream about them bringing all of Activision Blizzard's games to Steam and I will be able to play them with proton.

Comment

To be honest I think Activision was so rotten that it cannot get worse literally so changing ownership can only make things better or finish activision what i welcome.

As far as games go, MS was kind of fine recently. Age of empires 2 DE is pretty much only decent remake done in last few years, Forza franchise is doing good, Halo is doing good and MS supports game pretty well and released those games to steam as well. I just hope that MS policies will be imposed on Activision and Activision wont' take under its wing franchises already doing well.

Comment

Working...
                      X