Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OneTimeShot
    replied
    I’m pretty sure the limitations are “how much money a game can make”. If games only release on XBox, they will make less money than if they release everywhere.

MS buying everything can only create a temporary imbalance in the market. Other independent companies will take their place.

Leave a comment:

• aufkrawall
    replied
    Originally posted by birdie View Post
    and I really hope they will drop an abomination called Battle.net.
    Why would you want something that stupid? It's still 1000x better than Microsoft spaghetti code store and Blizzard games don't have stupid kernel anti-cheat and thus run fine in Wine. Not that I'm fan of Blizzard (anymore), but still...

Leave a comment:

• amxfonseca
    replied
    Originally posted by cjcox View Post
    "We bought it so we can fix it. You know, like Skype."
    Maybe different times?

If we look at recent acquisitions like GitHub the experience is quite the opposite. Github improved quite a lot.

Leave a comment:

• smirky
    replied
    Originally posted by birdie View Post
    $69 billion in ... cash. Imagine trucks full of $100 banknotes. OMG. I'm joking of course, it's gonna be electronic transactions between bank accounts most likely. Corporations have become larger than many countries.
    The GDP of my country in 2020 is exactly 69$ billion. Not gonna lie, I feel sad about both these facts.

Leave a comment:

• piotrj3
    replied
    To be honest I think Activision was so rotten that it cannot get worse literally so changing ownership can only make things better or finish activision what i welcome.

As far as games go, MS was kind of fine recently. Age of empires 2 DE is pretty much only decent remake done in last few years, Forza franchise is doing good, Halo is doing good and MS supports game pretty well and released those games to steam as well. I just hope that MS policies will be imposed on Activision and Activision wont' take under its wing franchises already doing well.

Leave a comment:

• castlefox
    replied
    I am going to choose to be hopeful about this and dream about them bringing all of Activision Blizzard's games to Steam and I will be able to play them with proton.

Leave a comment:

• cjcox
    replied
    "We bought it so we can fix it. You know, like Skype."

Leave a comment:

• You-
    replied
    Microsoft were leading aboycott of activision a month ago...

Embrace, Crush, almost extinguish, buy?

Leave a comment:

• mlau
    replied
    69 billion just to keep xbox afloat

Leave a comment:

• Prescience500
    replied
    This is quite alarming. Imagine if they try to use Battle.net for all of their games or require all XBox games to use it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X