Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siuoq
    replied
    I wonder if this is against SONY, or against SteamOS/Linux. Probably the latter.
    Last edited by Siuoq; 18 January 2022, 06:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PublicNuisance
    replied
    Could always check out Veloren. No chance of Microsoft buying that.

Veloren is an open-source action RPG set in a fantasy world made of voxels.

Veloren is a community-developed multiplayer voxel RPG inspired by Cube World, Legend of Zelda, and Dwarf Fortress.

Leave a comment:

• NathanG
    replied
    Think we can safely say we'll see new releases leaving steam and appearing on MS store / Xbox in short order and I suspect Windows 11 / Xbox only. Sad for any fan of the core blizzard games.

Leave a comment:

• kescherPh
    replied
    69 billion dollar deal to buy up a company that recently got in the news for a major sexual harassment scandal.
    Alright then

Leave a comment:

• oiaohm
    replied
    Originally posted by mdedetrich View Post
    This was not that surprising considering how much Activision drove Blizzard into the ground. I think that Microsoft will give more freedom to the developers compared to Activision whose whole business model is milking games like call of duty

The history of what happens to game companies acquired by Microsoft mostly goes what Microsoft classes as the most valuable games stay alive and everything else get exterminated including possible the complete core company. So less freedom and less jobs. Yes Microsoft business model will include keeping on milking call of duty and the other existing titles with very little going into new Activision Blizzard new titles.

Leave a comment:

• middy
    replied
    Originally posted by cl333r View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks this will barely change much?
    going to get worse. the acceleration of turning women into fruit bowls and removing more emotes like mooning and spitting in WoW will only increase.

Leave a comment:

• jaxa
    replied
    Originally posted by Lbibass View Post

The issue is that the CEO is still supposed to stay on. The guy who helped cause all of the culture issues at the company. Zero consequences, tons of benefits.

It’s a massive shame.
    If they fire Kotick too early he gets to walk away with a lot of money due to his contract. He won't be around for too long.

Leave a comment:

• Alex/AT
    replied
    Originally posted by cl333r View Post
    Such acquisitions (and we are talking about one monster acquiring another monster) rarely leave the playground unscathed.

Leave a comment:

• cl333r
    replied

Leave a comment:

• onlyLinuxLuvUBack
    replied
    Originally posted by SlickMcRunfast View Post
    Lets hope this MS's buyout spree is only to combat Tencent and not to form some kind of monopoly. Next gen playstation isn't looking so good, maybe this is why Sony is selling their games on steam.
    The Corrupt FTC says software monopolies like EA and NFL are ok. So this should be filed under okay software monopolies if micro$oft delivers the proper # of bags of cash under the table. This is not like nvidia hardware buying a hardware cpu , that is clearly a monopoly and unfair according to Corrupted FTC rules.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X