Cemu Emulator Plans For 2022 With Going Open-Source, Aiming For Linux Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Myownfriend View Post

I feel like there would be very little reason for Decaf to be developed after Cemu goes open source.
    We used to have multiple emulators per console (I guess thanks to ryujinx we still do to an extent). Maybe in 20 years decaf, or another one, will be the best.

Comment

I repeat it again: Too late. You can play the best Wii-U games using Yuzu.

I had Cemu and Yuzu installed some time ago. I deleted Cemu because i can play their best games on Yuzu.

Comment

Originally posted by HD7950 View Post

I had Cemu and Yuzu installed some time ago. I deleted Cemu because i can play their best games on Yuzu.
        don't support yuzu, they steal code, use ryujinx instead. they are head to head in most titles anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

don't support yuzu, they steal code, use ryujinx instead. they are head to head in most titles anyways.
          can anyone explain how yuzu is stealing code? i've never heard of it...

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post

PineappleEA made some PRs, they were rejected because pineappleEA built the early accsess tags and distributed them himself, as their policy is not to accept PRs from people who do that,

Okay fair and all

but they went ahead an integrated the changes anyways, by publishing the changes as themsleves, effectively stripping PineappleEA of his attribution. and hence stealing his code. here is a link to one of the couples PRs where bunnei blatantly admits to doing it. Yes, PineappleEA, signed a CLA, however CLA does not give you the right to violate GPLv2

Comment

Originally posted by HD7950 View Post

Good for you.

You can do more with them in Cemu though. If you have an ultra-wide monitor you can actually get games to run in that format in Cemu and you can play BOTW not just in higher resolutions but with modified LOD bias, anisotropic filtering, and at higher frame rates.

Also some of the games aren't actually the same between consoles. There are levels in Captain Toad that aren't available in the Switch version and vice-versa.

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post

Comment

PineappleEA made some PRs, they were rejected because pineappleEA built the early accsess tags and distributed them himself, as their policy is not to accept PRs from people who do that,

Okay fair and all

but they went ahead an integrated the changes anyways, by publishing the changes as themsleves, effectively stripping PineappleEA of his attribution. and hence stealing his code. here is a link to one of the couples PRs where bunnei blatantly admits to doing it. Yes, PineappleEA, signed a CLA, however CLA does not give you the right to violate GPLv2

https://github.com/yuzu-emu/yuzu/pul...ment-778747206
                  Huh, just another drama in opensource world. Like seriously, people just make a big deal out of minuscule things...

Comment

Okay fair and all

https://github.com/yuzu-emu/yuzu/pul...ment-778747206
                    While I completely agree that this was a dick move on yuzu's part (I support their desire to put their foot down on this subject, but they shouldn't have coopted the change), please explain to me how this in any way "violates GPLv2". Both projects appear to be open source, so I don't see how this breaks the license

Comment

Originally posted by partcyborg View Post

While I completely agree that this was a dick move on yuzu's part (I support their desire to put their foot down on this subject, but they shouldn't have coopted the change), please explain to me how this in any way "violates GPLv2". Both projects appear to be open source, so I don't see how this breaks the license
                      GPLv2 mandates that attribution is satisfied

Comment

Working...
                      X