Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXVK 1.9.3 Released With NVIDIA DLSS Integration, Many Game Fixes

Phoronix: DXVK 1.9.3 Released With NVIDIA DLSS Integration, Many Game Fixes

DXVK 1.9.3 is out as its first release of 2022 for implementing Direct3D 9/10/11 over Vulkan for allowing Windows games to enjoy good performance when running atop Linux via Valve's Steam Play...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Link in the article goes to the dxvk-nvapi fork and not dxvk actual.

Comment

Pretty impressive to get such a technology working this soon.

Comment

In my case solve invisible things in richard burns rally

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
          Michael

Link: https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
            Pretty impressive to get such a technology working this soon.
            They heavy lifting is done in NGX/CUDA without required adjustments, so it's rather unfortunate that DLSS required special treatment at all (or at least that Nvidia didn't provide the required shim library earlier).
            Well, it's still a life-saver in demanding games or such with bad TAA (which comprises most games, the subset of games with DLSS support is ofc a bit smaller).

Comment

I hope that they don't abandon the Dark Solus distro...

Comment

I am little-bit lost right now so its dxvk-native ?

Comment

Huh. I'll have to see how that work affects my A Hat In Time wineprefix.

I'm still on an Athlon II X2 270, partly due to the chip shortage-related prices, so it took a fair bit of tuning to get it playable and, while I managed to get a nice framerate with no drops during actual gameplay, I still want to shave away more overhead to reduce load times (loading is currently CPU-bound and the loading animation spends at least half the time seized up) and eliminate audio stuttering in the level select and pause screen. (Hopefully pasuspender will solve the latter, if for no other reason than by giving the game an extra 0.7 to 1.5% CPU to work with.)

Of course, I suspect switching to Proton for esync or fsync will do more to help as long as it doesn't counter any gains with whatever makes Wine 5.0 perfectly playable and 6.10-staging unplayable due to not having enough CPU to work with. (The game pegs both cores at 100% even when it's got a solid framerate with no drops and I've been lazying out with what I already had installed through PlayOnLinux's Wine downloader, so I really need to ask it for a non-staging 6.10 for comparison, then grab a copy of Proton to test with.)

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                    It links to DXVK upstream. What happened?

Comment

Working...
                    X