Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine 7.0's Many Features From Better Theming To Improved HiDPI To New Joystick Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 7.0's Many Features From Better Theming To Improved HiDPI To New Joystick Driver

Phoronix: Wine 7.0's Many Features From Better Theming To Improved HiDPI To New Joystick Driver

We are closing in on the release of Wine 7.0 as the annual stable feature release for this open-source software that allows running Windows games and applications under Linux, macOS, BSDs, and other platforms. Here is a recap of the many changes being introduced since last year's Wine 6.0 milestone...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Next great milestones after Wine 7 will be 8, 8.1, 10, and finally, Wine 11.

Comment

Damn I wish OpenBSD supported WINE... They say they are unwilling to make the kernel changes necessary, plus 32 bit executables won't run on AMD64 OpenBSD. Funny how FreeBSD has great support, NetBSD has up and coming support, and OpenBSD gets nada!

Comment

I don't want "Classic Blue" theme, I want a modern Windows 10 or Windows 11 theme.

Comment

Originally posted by kylew77 View Post
          Damn I wish OpenBSD supported WINE... They say they are unwilling to make the kernel changes necessary, plus 32 bit executables won't run on AMD64 OpenBSD. Funny how FreeBSD has great support, NetBSD has up and coming support, and OpenBSD gets nada!
          OpenBSD is security focused ...obsessed. Windows is malicious - of course they will not give them the permission to enter the kernel space

Comment

Vkd3d9/10/11 for 2022 ? That would be great to see how better than dxvk they can achieve…

Comment

Originally posted by rmfx View Post
              Vkd3d9/10/11 for 2022 ? That would be great to see how better than dxvk they can achieve…
              it will almost never become faster, but more accurate maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                I don't want "Classic Blue" theme, I want a modern Windows 10 or Windows 11 theme.
                Install it for yourself 🤔 Wine has proper WinXP theming support, and there are tons of themes for XP or ReactOS.
                I prefer the light classic Win theme over the "modern" trash.

Comment

Originally posted by kylew77 View Post
                  Why don't use the other BSD then?
                  I wish I could run Android Wine on my S21 Ultra (Exynos), but it doesn't work – it installs forever, and though it's a known issue with Samsungs on Exynos, no one is going to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by StarterX4 View Post

Why don't use the other BSD then?
                    I wish I could run Android Wine on my S21 Ultra (Exynos), but it doesn't work – it installs forever, and though it's a known issue with Samsungs on Exynos, no one is going to fix it.
                    I thought android wine was dead, lol

Comment

Working...
                    X