Steam On Linux Ended 2021 At 1.11% Marketshare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
    That's basically a 100% increase... that's insane.
    No ti is not. The measured "share" fluctuates, you took very bottom result, and compared it against very top result. So you did (result1+fluctuations)/(result2-fluctuations). Your ratio it too large.

Comment

Originally posted by lacek View Post

No ti is not. The measured "share" fluctuates, you took very bottom result, and compared it against very top result. So you did (result1+fluctuations)/(result2-fluctuations). Your ratio it too large.
      Sure, if you wanna get into details, but the number is roughly twice as big, it's a smidge lower, but was a smidge higher at one point too. It's ultimately a measure of proportion, so proportionally speaking it's about twice as high as it used to be, and sure it's an optimistic take on things to see it that way, but it's also ok to be a bit of an optimist

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

Proton/DXVK does indeed require a Vulkan driver. Sorry, mate, the world has moved on. If your GPU doesn't support Vulkan, you may as well not care about games at all.
        GPU prices are still crazy right now, so if eriktorbjorn is looking for a GPU with Vulkan support, it's the wrong time to buy.

Comment

Originally posted by finite9 View Post
          As for surveys, I've _never_ got one in all these years. Running the native version of Steam client, on Fedora 35, not through Wine.
          I got hardware survey participation request at least two times. The first one was on Ubuntu 19.10 on January 1, 2020. The second one was on Fedora 35 on January 7, 2022 (it was the first time I launched Steam in 2022). Command "grep "SurveyDate" ~/.steam/steam/config/config.vdf" correctly shows my latest survey consent date "2022-01-07". I assume that those survey requests are shown on your first Steam launch after New Year and your consent is valid until the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by FellowPenguin View Post
            I got hardware survey participation request at least two times. The first one was on Ubuntu 19.10 on January 1, 2020. The second one was on Fedora 35 on January 7, 2022 (it was the first time I launched Steam in 2022). Command "grep "SurveyDate" ~/.steam/steam/config/config.vdf" correctly shows my latest survey consent date "2022-01-07". I assume that those survey requests are shown on your first Steam launch after New Year and your consent is valid until the end of the year.
            ok, never say never:

Code:
            grep "SurveyDate" /data/SteamLibrary/Steam/config/config.vdf
            "SurveyDate" "2014-10-05"
            Thanks for the tip. Suppose I should look into how to reset that so it triggers a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by lacek View Post
              Macs are unsuitable for gaming
              seems ok for trillion dollar company. half of that is overachievement for linux

Comment

Working...
              X