KDE/GNOME Wayland vs. X.Org Radeon Linux Gaming Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Venemo View Post

I don't recommend that yet. Several optimizations are specific to XWayland and don't kick in for 'pure' Wayland clients yet.
    So you mean SDL Wayland driver doesn't have certain optimizations that SDL X11 driver has?

Comment

Originally posted by Mario Junior View Post

I already said many times here. Stutter, less FPS than Xorg, vsync enabled everywhere, mouse cursor becomes a shit on games...
      What are you, delusional? Stutter? I don't see it on wayland. However, i easily find it on x, like when playing a video. Low FPS? You must be making that up, like have you read the article?

I've been using wayland over a year, never have any problem you mentioned. Both on arch and fedora

Comment

Seems like status quo to me.
        Some Fedora fanboys believe it's ready. Basically everyone else has some sort of issues with it. Probably Fedora simple-minded people also have but they deny it to self-fulfill their agenda.
        I still have strong annoyances with wayland (mutter): no session refresh, slow down to a crawl after a week uptime (session log out necessary to restart wayland), ctrl+zoom doesn't work in every app under wayland (what works under X but not on wayland is a wayland problem, not an app problem), etc...
        It's still very much a work in progress, whatever the usual blindfolded yesmen say.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario Junior View Post
          This happens in whatever distro I use.
          are you suggesting you are cursed?

Comment

what's wrong with strange brigade 1080p?

Comment

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
              Seems like status quo to me.
              Some Fedora fanboys believe it's ready. Basically everyone else has some sort of issues with it. Probably Fedora simple-minded people also have but they deny it to self-fulfill their agenda.
              I still have strong annoyances with wayland (mutter): no session refresh, slow down to a crawl after a week uptime (session log out necessary to restart wayland), ctrl+zoom doesn't work in every app under wayland (what works under X but not on wayland is a wayland problem, not an app problem), etc...
              It's still very much a work in progress, whatever the usual blindfolded yesmen say.
              how often you crash your system really? how often do you need to restart the session? i only need to restart my system for what? changing a language?

maybe it's a xorg thing to make the user expect their system to crash. idk,

Comment

I'm a bit confused at that HITMAN 2 result, since I've been playing quite a lot of that game on my KDE desktop with an RX 6800 (XT to be fair), and the framerate sits well over a hundred on ultra for me.
                I've not tested it overly much with Wayland though, I've unfortunately still got some things I need for work that absolutely break if I'm not using X, so just sitting on an X session is much simpler.

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post
                  What are you, delusional? Stutter? I don't see it on wayland. However, i easily find it on x, like when playing a video. Low FPS? You must be making that up, like have you read the article?

I've been using wayland over a year, never have any problem you mentioned. Both on arch and fedora
                  Never had stutter on videos on Xorg, or basically anything not just videos. Sounds like you're smoking something good mr. delusion.

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post

"I don't have the issue so that must mean no one does"

Comment

Originally posted by finalzone View Post

HDR implementation is a mess and a nightmare in term of standardization even for both Microsoft and Apple. The consortium behind HDR needs to fix these issues first. See
                      https://petapixel.com/2020/11/09/the...o-clean-it-up/
                      https://professional.dolby.com/gamin...w-to-solve-it/
                      https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-t...is-a-hot-mess/
                      That too. And aside from that, Windows also has its own issues with HDR: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/new...dering-issues/

Comment

Working...
                      X