Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Adds Experimental Vulkan Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AmericanLocomotive View Post
    CS:GO is multithreaded, and is extremely well optimized. On a top of the line system it will push near 700 FPS at 1080p
    What? The game maxes out only 3 threads when being CPU bound. Classic modes run at high fps because map and game design is from 1999. Danger Zone (battle royale mode with open map) performance is crap with OGL and also native D3D9 isn't exactly great. Not to speak of the atricous input lag that game has, at least when being GPU bound. They did unspeakable things to this engine after Left 4 Dead 2...
    (Can't judge Half-Life Alyx, as I haven't played it.)

Comment

On my now midrange (5700xt, 3900x) system.
      I'm sure that is still in the top 10% of gaming systems, if not top 5%.

Steam's November 2021 hardware survey still shows Nvidia's top used card is GeForce GTX 1060 at 7.58% and AMD's is Radeon RX 580 at 1.58%. If you filter by Linux systems only then the Radeon RX 480 is most used at 6.76%. The GeForce RTX 3090 at 0.44% and AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT at 0.19% while the Radeon RX 6800/Radeon RX 6800 XT/Radeon RX 6900 XT are completely missing even though the cards was released more than a year ago. https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

Technology might move forward but from a consumer's perspective it's almost a fantasy.

CS:GO is multithreaded, and is extremely well optimized. On a top of the line system it will push near 700 FPS at 1080p
      That's crazy! I don't think I ever got more than 400 FPS.

Comment

On my now midrange (5700xt, 3900x) system it pushes 280-400 fps at 1440p even on Linux. It will go 120 fps 1080p medium settings on a high end APU, and even the weak GPUs on the older Core i7s will squeeze out just about 60 fps.
        Millions of CSGO players have gasped in disbelief:

Last edited by birdie; 16 December 2021, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X