Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ubisoft Is Hiring A Linux Developer For An "Unannounced Project" But Don't Get Too Excited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We would love if you... Have been working with C++ 20 or newer."
    who wouldn't?

Comment

Originally posted by c117152 View Post
      ASIO is windows-specific.
      asio is portable c++ library, part of boost https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_78_...o/history.html

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
        asio is portable c++ library, part of boost https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_78_...o/history.html
        While true, in a musician simulator context ASIO likely means Audio Stream Input/Oputut (which IMHO sounds similar to JACK) and that ASIO is Windows-specific.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Fox View Post
          While true, in a musician simulator context ASIO likely means Audio Stream Input/Oputut (which IMHO sounds similar to JACK) and that ASIO is Windows-specific.
          i'm not sure where you get musician simulator context and upper case asio when we had context of c++ libraries and lower case asio. specifically, context is "You will be working with tech like:
          • C++: libcurl, openssl, asio, lz4, rapidjson, spdlog, fmt, lz4, gtest, entt, bulletphysics, lyra, imgui, Vulka, Dx12, Amd GpuOpen
          "

Comment

and upper case asio when we had context of c++ libraries and lower case asio.
            Both are capitalized at times.

i'm not sure where you get musician simulator context
            Since game engine networking code is typically handled by a different team from the graphics and sound, I guess the bulletphysics, dx12 and gpuopen throw me off...

Also, while available standalone, I only come across asio as boost.asio. I guess it depends on what you do day-to-day... But anyhow, you're probably right and they likely mean boost.asio and it has nothing to do with Rocksmith.

Comment

Working...
            X