Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blender 3.0 Shines As A Huge Update For This Leading Open-Source 3D Modeling Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blender 3.0 Shines As A Huge Update For This Leading Open-Source 3D Modeling Software

Phoronix: Blender 3.0 Shines As A Huge Update For This Leading Open-Source 3D Modeling Software

Blender 3.0 is officially releasing today as a huge update to this open-source 3D modeling software that in recent years has become backed by numerous large hardware/software companies and has rivaled proprietary software for its capabilities...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Exciting times, especially for me everything nodes, and the topic of asset / node tree source control + distribution in the new shiny asset browser

Comment

Does someone know a comparison of the new HIP vs CUDA implementation on windows out there?

Comment

The development pace of Blender is unbelievable fast! The Blender team is incredible productive!

I think the Blender UI is a bit too customizable to the point that it is easy to break.

I wish GIMP also had this manpower and development pace!

Comment

off-topic but I really wish there was some option to disable those little thumbnails of most news in the list. These don't add anything at all, screw up the alignment and just make it harder to read.

Comment

Originally posted by Anux View Post
            Does someone know a comparison of the new HIP vs CUDA implementation on windows out there?
            I believe Nvidia has more horsepower in GPUs in terms of raw compute, that is why they are performing better in cryptomining/compute not to mention superior dedicated tensor cores/raytracing hardware for sake of optix.

Comment

So.... Nvidia pay Blender money, and suddenly only CUDA on Windows works?

Yay...

Comment

Originally posted by OneTimeShot View Post
                So.... Nvidia pay Blender money, and suddenly only CUDA on Windows works?

Yay...
                ??? As I understood it, AMD HIP only works on Windows right now, with Linux support coming in Blender 3.1. CUDA works on both Linux and Windows.

Comment

I am impressed how all these young adults have this deep knowledge of Blender

Comment

Originally posted by Anux View Post

Pavillon Barcelone in 2 m 38 s on 6600XT.

Seems very competitive https://www.thefpsreview.com/2020/09...performance/2/

PS:
                    If anyone would like to compare HIP/ROCm performance to CUDA in other software there are result from DulaSPHysics https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...ysics_example/
                    Last edited by kwahoo; 03 December 2021, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X