Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• microcode
    replied
    I like how the wine gaming use case has exposed a genuinely good reason to add a new syscall, something we rarely have these days.

Leave a comment:

• microcode
    replied
    Originally posted by Developer12 View Post
    I find the prospect of futex2 being available on the itanic downright hilarious.
    Hey; believe it or not there is still a significant install base of Itanium machines running fresh Linux, and many of them are doing pretty important work.

Leave a comment:

• Developer12
    replied
    I find the prospect of futex2 being available on the itanic downright hilarious.

Leave a comment:

• FUTEX2 futex_waitv Wired Up For Other Architectures With Linux 5.16-rc3

Phoronix: FUTEX2 futex_waitv Wired Up For Other Architectures With Linux 5.16-rc3

FUTEX2 as in the new futex_waitv system call landed in Linux 5.16 back during the merge window for improving the efficiency of running Windows games on Linux for those that rely on Windows' WaitForMultipleObjects functionality with futex_waitv is now the ability to wait on multiple futexes. That new system call is now supported on more architectures with the next Linux 5.16 release candidate...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X