Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Deck Release Pushed Back To February 2022

Phoronix: Steam Deck Release Pushed Back To February 2022

Valve just sent out an email to pre-order customers that the Steam Deck release is being delayed by two months...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The first Rembrandt laptops could be coming out around the time people get their Steam Deck.

Comment

Ohh no!!

Well!, now I can justify it to wifey as a buy after I get my yearly bonus.

Comment

This global supplychain issues are getting really serious ...waiting for a Dell Laptop at work will be delivered in a few month o_O

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
          This global supplychain issues are getting really serious ...waiting for a Dell Laptop at work will be delivered in a few month o_O
          It just took 2.5 months for one of my employees to get a monitor that we usually receive in ~2 weeks after the PO is submitted. The vendor could never really give us a straight answer on when they'd be receiving stock.

Comment

lol our laptop refresh programme is already delayed by almost a year. Mine was supposed to be recycled in Feb, was delayed to May, then Sept, now they're just keeping silence and don't promise any dates.

Comment

I should have added that while I'm not surprised at all about the delay, I am a bit bummed. I was looking forward to having this while I was off during our holiday break. I had (likely unrealistic) hopes of using it to finally start going through some of my catalog that hasn't been touched like Borderlands 3. The smaller screen with some headphones and ergonomics of a handheld make playing games like those around my kids easier than on a laptop.

Comment

That's fine. At least I hope it won't be as bad as the Librem 5 delays, because the future of Linux desktop and gaming depends on this device's success.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                  That's fine. At least I hope it won't be as bad as the Librem 5 delays, because the future of Linux desktop and gaming depends on this device's success.
                  Yeah it's important for Linux, but I'm more interested in Valve's controller, because it was apparently the only type you can use in shooters as well as a mouse.

Comment

Judging from all the last minute upstreaming it seems it's for the better as they'll have a bit more time to iron out the software. This will make the release smoother and people won't get let down by software issues as much.

Comment

Working...
                    X