Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steam On Linux Marketshare Hits New Multi-Year High, AMD Powering ~40% Of Linux Gaming Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by artivision View Post
    AMD and NV in a 1500 bucks retail GPU, they sell the centric chip alone for 1000+. The rest of the chain gets nothing.
    where do you get all this bullshit from?

Comment

• Linux fixes are being listed in Steam client updates now. Feels a whole new experience for me.

Comment

• oops, typing too fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by pal666 View Post
          where do you get all this bullshit from?
          Moore's Law Is Dead is back with quite the allegation. Unnamed sources of his are claiming that Nvidia may try to halt the production of all its RTX 3000 gaming GPUs in late October in order to keep street prices as high as possible until next year, when refreshed models could make these inflated prices the norm. This move might also be planned in order to mitigate a possible price crash caused by miners dumping many GPUs after Ethereum goes full POS.

Comment

• Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
            Oh my, birdie seriously you come here 'cuz you like angering us.
            I can't believe it.
            You can't even listen to Michael himself.
            well.... and you keep me on your personal enemy list on your "website" only because i told you KDE/QT has CLA-WAR problem.

this birdie is a true advocatus diabolini for microsoft it is not even about what he writes is true or nor even if true his message is always the same:
            Linux will never be commercial success... and it will never have high marketshare...
            and all his arguments are focused on the PC or laptop...

most non-tech people i know do no longer have PC or Laptop... they have smart TV with andorid and smartphone with andorid they have wlan-smart printer with linux on it .... and reality is even more in our favor linux-incompatible tech like blu-ray is "death" there is ZERO smart-TV with integrated bluray player only normal DVD..,.

so in fact even if all his arguments are true they are non-sense in the end because all the anti-linux tech like blu-ray is a market failure and also the most non-tech people i know have no PC or laptop anymore but they have many linux/andorid devices...

in the end like the smartphone or smart-tv people will buy valve dock and 99% of them will not even know that it is linux on the device

most people i know dont even know that on their smart-TV and smartphone is andorid they plain and simple don't care.

birdie loves Microsoft but modern people do not even know this company and they have no windows devices anymore
            birdie loves Nvidia but no one of these people have any devices with an Nvidia GPU,,, it is al ARM SOCs with different GPUs but no Nvidia...

in reality birdie is doomed he is old-school PC user and all the young people will in near future don't even know what he is talking about.

i only know 2 groups who still use PC or Laptop with windows or linux: Old people who have problem to even adopt smartphones like my 67year old mother.... and TECH/Workstation people who do work on the pc.

all the other people: smartphone, smart-TV, maybe playstation and for sure stuff like blu-ray is death already people buy more DVD devices and DVDs than blu-ray..

Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

• there's nothing proving you or disproving me in that article

Comment

Working...
              X