Nintendo Switch Controller Driver Finally Set For Linux 5.16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

Fighting/arcade joystick which as I now learned are "gamepads". Back in 1995 I played super nintendo and called those things "joysticks" ever since. Didn't pay attention English makes a distinction. Anyway.
    Thanks, I think I'm going with Logitech F310 [1] because Walmart and whatnot are not a thing in Eastern Europe. It's not wireless and has a long cord, which is what I want.

[1] https://www.cosmo.md/perefiriya/igro...53-00005828-ru
    Looks like its shoulder buttons and triggers aren't optimal. I'd consider an original Microsoft wired Xbox 360 controller instead. More ergonomic as well.

Comment

Fighting/arcade joystick which as I now learned are "gamepads". Back in 1995 I played super nintendo and called those things "joysticks" ever since. Didn't pay attention English makes a distinction. Anyway.
      Thanks, I think I'm going with Logitech F310 [1] because Walmart and whatnot are not a thing in Eastern Europe. It's not wireless and has a long cord, which is what I want.

[1] https://www.cosmo.md/perefiriya/igro...53-00005828-ru
      1. I would never, ever link to Walmart to recommend a product for someone.

2. My first non-Microsoft PC gamepad was a Logitech PS1 clone. I really, really regretted getting that controller due to how hard the buttons were to press. I got less blisters trying to play guitar. If you can, try that controller first.

3. That's English for ya: 1 word for love; 25 words for controller.

Like chocolate suggests, the Xbox 360 controller is a great choice. Tried, true, and works everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

2. My first non-Microsoft PC gamepad was a Logitech PS1 clone. I really, really regretted getting that controller due to how hard the buttons were to press. I got less blisters trying to play guitar. If you can, try that controller first.

Like chocolate suggests, the Xbox 360 controller is a great choice. Tried, true, and works everywhere.
        I don't think Microsoft makes any Xbox 360 controllers these days, and prices for new stock are ridiculous. There's a million cheap knockoffs, but I'd pick the F310 over those. It holds up much better than the knockoffs I've bought where you get drift or weird dead spots or buttons that randomly don't work at times. For $15 USD the F310 is hard to beat. I still have one working wireless Xbox 360 controller, 4 Xbox One wireless (old non Bluetooth), 4 Logitech F710 wireless, 2 8Bitdo Pro 2, and two recent Voyee Xbox 360 wireless knockoffs which are okay so far. I have a few F310s including one on my desktop that gets a bit of use almost daily, they are solid.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

1. I also wrote "and whatnot".
          2. Maybe, it's just that the keyboards and mice I ever bought happened to be the best from Logitech, other brands at similar prices sucked more for various reasons.
          Also, I watched a few reviews on youtube on the F310 and they said it was a bestseller on amazon.

PS: How did you manage to write lo###__ve because I remember it being a banned word on this forum.
          Last edited by cl333r; 28 October 2021, 02:04 AM.

Comment

1. I also wrote "and whatnot".
            2. Maybe, it's just that the keyboards and mice I ever bought happened to be the best from Logitech, other brands at similar prices sucked more for various reasons.
            Also, I watched a few reviews on youtube on the F310 and they said it was a bestseller on amazon.

PS: How did you manage to write lo###__ve because I remember it being a banned word on this forum.
            Perhaps I was added to a filter list? I've had so many banned posts with innocent, nice, friendly content it isn't funny. There was a time around 2019 where the Phoronix filter would flag any post I made between 7am and 9am my time.

I've had great results with my Logitech keyboards and mice over the years. This is my current mouse that I bought in 2016 and is still going strong. The side buttons kick ass for things like copy/paste/cut/enter/alt/ctrl. Two years ago I replaced an old (10yr+ old) Logitech keyboard for a cheap mechanical one, Redragon K556-RK (it worked just fine, I wanted a mechanical keyboard and I prefer the brown switches over digital membrane).

Logitech controllers, OTOH, it has been my experience that their cheaper in price ones have uncomfortable and stiff buttons. I saw that most negative Amazon reviews brought up that the buttons were stiff and uncomfortable which brought back some bad memories of me trying to play FFVII on PC for the first time. I hope you have better results than I did back then.

Have fun playing games.

Comment

Working...
            X