Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lutris 0.5.9 Released With Support For The Epic Games Store, New Options

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lutris 0.5.9 Released With Support For The Epic Games Store, New Options

    Phoronix: Lutris 0.5.9 Released With Support For The Epic Games Store, New Options

    Lutris 0.5.9 is now available for this open-source Linux game manager program that has now added initial support for the Epic Games Store among other new options and enhancements in this new version...

    https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...0.5.9-Released

  • #2
    Put Epic to Steam so we can Proton it easily

    Comment


    • #3
      This OpenSUSE ppa (I use the Debian Testing link, but the others may work same or better, haven't tried) has been working for me on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS if anyone needs:

      Code:
      Get:3 http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/strycore/Debian_Testing ./ lutris 0.5.9 [624 kB]
      ....
      Setting up lutris (0.5.9) ...

      Comment


      • #4
        Screw Epic.

        If you can't even be bothered to port something as trivial as a POS toy excuse of a launcher, which is 99% frameworks and libraries in the first place, then you're making a statement that you consider that audience to be worth even less than a week of an intern's time.

        I'm not 12 so I can live without Fortnite anyway, but the same holds true for anything else Epic may produce someday: if you don't care enough to do even the bare minimum to support me then I'm not interested in supporting you either.

        Comment


        • #5
          If Epic sees demand they might change their ways. They are just a company that wants to make money after all. Running their store via wine will for sure show up in their telemetry.

          Comment


          • #6
            I like Epic's Game Store. Is Epic perfect? Absolutely not. Have they given me maybe 50+ free games? Absolutely yes. They're my friends at this point. Check up on me every Thursday with a gift. Pretty thoughtful, actually.

            You have a working solution on Linux to play most if not all of these games. Give it a try. Or miss out on free games. Your choices.

            edit: All thanks to my good friends at Epic. Appreciate the crap out of them. Only game I paid for (with multiple coupons, came out to like $20, but worth full price) was Tetris Effect.

            Video is taking forever to load. But seriously, the catalog is immaculate. I still can't believe I got all of these for free. Guys, stop the loyalty stuff. Life is too short. Just take the free games and play them.

            Last edited by perpetually high; 12 October 2021, 05:32 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by perpetually high View Post
              I like Epic's Game Store. Is Epic perfect? Absolutely not. Have they given me maybe 50+ free games? Absolutely yes. They're my friends at this point. Check up on me every Thursday with a gift. Pretty thoughtful, actually.

              You have a working solution on Linux to play most if not all of these games. Give it a try. Or miss out on free games. Your choices.

              edit: All thanks to my good friends at Epic. Appreciate the crap out of them. Only game I paid for (with multiple coupons, came out to like $20, but worth full price) was Tetris Effect.

              Video is taking forever to load. But seriously, the catalog is immaculate. I still can't believe I got all of these for free. Guys, stop the loyalty stuff. Life is too short. Just take the free games and play them.

              Nothing is for free, you just have not yet realized what price you paid.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post

                Nothing is for free, you just have not yet realized what price you paid.
                Super woke. Tell me the price I paid.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by perpetually high View Post

                  Super woke. Tell me the price I paid.
                  The price you "pay" is that it's now more likely that you install their shop on every pc you want to game on and buy more games there.

                  just marketing.

                  well i use them too (because of the free games) but imho their shop sucks. eg no linux support. no mod support is a problem too - at least for me.

                  so... i payed with "less comfort"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by flower View Post

                    The price you "pay" is that it's now more likely that you install their shop on every pc you want to game on and buy more games there.

                    just marketing.

                    well i use them too (because of the free games) but imho their shop sucks. eg no linux support. no mod support is a problem too - at least for me.

                    so... i payed with "less comfort"
                    Yeah. I agree their shop sucks, but I'm interested in only the games. That's it.

                    What they did was actually genius. Saved the money they were going to spend on marketing, and gave away free games instead. Should be heralded by everyone, yet is not.

                    All good. I despise Fortnite and everything it stands for more than anyone on this forum (trust me), but EGS has been a gift to gamers (maybe not Linux gamers) but I'm not a zealot like that. I do what makes sense for me. I bought one game (Tetris Effect) on there and couldn't be happier. They "won" and I'm fine with that. I won, too.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X