Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proton Experimental Enables NVIDIA DLSS For D3D12 Games, Proton Now Handles More Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proton Experimental Enables NVIDIA DLSS For D3D12 Games, Proton Now Handles More Games

Phoronix: Proton Experimental Enables NVIDIA DLSS For D3D12 Games, Proton Now Handles More Games

Valve published new versions of Proton and Proton Experimental last night...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

All I want from Proton is for patches to trickle back to upstream Wine so everybody can benefit even if they don't use Proton directly.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      All I want from Proton is for patches to trickle back to upstream Wine so everybody can benefit even if they don't use Proton directly.
      Same here! It's funny how Valve is the one making life without Steam easier for me, but not unwelcome at all

Comment

wine-staging should get you covered.

Comment

I've been contemplating ditching Wine entirely and just use Proton.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

wine-staging should get you covered.
            You are partially right. wine-staging was awesome thing years ago
            for gaming. Now it's usually
            has more compatibility problems with games and sometimes is even behind regular wine.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
              I've been contemplating ditching Wine entirely and just use Proton.
              For games, might as well. You'll probably have a better experience (I do). I use proton-ge-custom (technically this one).

Comment

Originally posted by evil_core View Post
                and sometimes is even behind regular wine.
                How is that when staging is a patchset that is applied on top of latest Wine commits?
                But yeah, you need another patchset flavor like tkg on top of staging to fix/revert shiptons of regressions and get more Proton fixes sooner (or at all). Sticking with Lutris or GE builds has become more appealing, though it's always good to know how to loosen some knots by yourself.

Comment

And they can't pull them them self? Wine is under LGPL so there is no way around it.

Michael write about it that patches are going back to wine https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...ck-In-Wine-4.2

And if its no longer happen, why? valve is not known to do that because maintain all patches them self is a lot of work in the long run.

Another point is that valve works with crossover on the wine base for proton, they write many stuff of that, why did they not summit the patches to wine?

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post

And they can't pull them them self? Wine is under LGPL so there is no way around it.

Michael write about it that patches are going back to wine https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...ck-In-Wine-4.2

And if its no longer happen, why? valve is not known to do that because maintain all patches them self is a lot of work in the long run.

Another point is that valve works with crossover on the wine base for proton, they write many stuff of that, why did they not summit the patches to wine?
                    I don't know if Valve submits patches back to the Wine project, nor do I know how much of the improvements by Proton gets brought back to Wine, I just hope it's a lot. Proton is probably great, but many people use Wine, so it would be good if patches trickled back to Wine so it can benefit too.

Comment

Working...
                    X