Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polychromatic 0.7 Released With Improved UI For Configuring Gaming Keyboards, Mice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polychromatic 0.7 Released With Improved UI For Configuring Gaming Keyboards, Mice

Phoronix: Polychromatic 0.7 Released With Improved UI For Configuring Gaming Keyboards, Mice

Polychromatic as the long-running, third-party, open-source project to allow Razer's gaming peripherals like mice and keyboard to be configured under Linux is out with a major update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Awesome. I'm thankful for openrazer and polychromatic

Use them both for my Razer Mamba Tournament Edition. Looking forward to this new version

Comment

None of the razer keyboards can touch my chonchow from china with its inmpressive bend in the middle while typing and shift keys that require a metal hammer to signal.

Comment

Nice to hear that is built with Qt instead if GTK,
        Maybe this way my Windows-like window decoration in KDE Plasma will be respected and if I use a 4K monitor, scaling will work great.
        I hated that Wraith master, built with GTK, doesn't care about my window decoration preferences and still uses its own window control buttons,

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
          Nice to hear that is built with Qt instead if GTK,
          Maybe this way my Windows-like window decoration in KDE Plasma will be respected and if I use a 4K monitor, scaling will work great.
          I hated that Wraith master, built with GTK, doesn't care about my window decoration preferences and still uses its own window control buttons,
          Yep. In comparison I had to use the very nice libratbag tool directly because their GTK GUI looks and behaves like a toy.

Is your app a calculator with huge buttons and a single screen? No? Then don't use GTK. Respect your users.

Comment

I bought a Razer keyboard with optical switches a few years ago only to find out that on Windows it required the Razer app to set lighting to anything other than "rainbow puke" and closing the app would restore said awful lighting. There was no way to save your custom lighting to the keyboard itself.

Polychormatic and OpenRazer got around Razer's stupid restrictions and let me save my custom lighting profile to the keyboard memory so even when I boot into Windows it has the lighting scheme I want without running that god-awful app.

Nothing but praises for the OpenRazer team, for real. Better drivers than on Windows.

Comment

Working...
            X