X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• osw89
    replied
    Originally posted by HEL88 View Post
    In 2013 Windows had about 47 times more users than Linux. Now Windows has 96 timers more users than Linux - this is disaster.
    What's the matter? Finally realized you don't understand percentages so you had to make up numbers? Anyway since you seem to be incapable of comprehending anything more complicated than "big percent good", Windows' marketshare fell from 90.96% to 72.98% between 2013 and 2021 whereas Linux's marketshare rose to 2.88% from 0.88%. I did the courtesy of not including chromeos(gentoo-based) and ignoring that "unknown" probably" also has some linux users in it. https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-of-windows-7/

But go ahead, use that pea brain of yours to spin significantly more people using Linux as a "disaster", maybe you'll finally find someone stupid enough to believe you. I'm not going to waster any more time of my time to humiliate you any further, but you do a good job at embarrassing yourself on your own anyway.

Leave a comment:

• HEL88
    replied
    Originally posted by osw89 View Post

Steam has around 3.4(25.47/7.48) times more active users than back in 2013 https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-stream-users/. 1% of a bigger number can be much higher than 2% of a smaller number, if you haven't noticed 1% of 3.4*x is 1.7 times bigger than 2% of x. The only disaster here is you not understanding what percentages are. It's a little more complicated than "big number good small number bad".
    LOL.

In 2013 Windows had about 47 times more users than Linux. Now Windows has 96 timers more users than Linux - this is disaster.

In 8 years Windows has expanded twice as much as Linux - this is disaster.

Leave a comment:

• F.Ultra
    replied
    Originally posted by sandy8925

I have a Zen 2, it's definitely supported on that. About your computer, maybe try checking your UEFI settings? Usually there's a setting to enable it. Also try updating your UEFI to the latest.
    Unfortunately both latest bios and zero setting in uefi except for the external tpm chip that one can buy.

Leave a comment:

• osw89
    replied
    And Windows player increased from about 450 thousand to 1 150 thousand in this time.
    And? This doesn't change the fact that your points are dead wrong and that there are significantly more steam users on linux than in the past. X increasing more than Y doesn't mean Y hasn't increased, for your sake I hope you are just pretending to not know something this basic.
    You forgot, in 2013 linux had 2% and now has only 1% - this is totally disaster.
    Steam has around 3.4(25.47/7.48) times more active users than back in 2013 https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-stream-users/. 1% of a bigger number can be much higher than 2% of a smaller number, if you haven't noticed 1% of 3.4*x is 1.7 times bigger than 2% of x. The only disaster here is you not understanding what percentages are. It's a little more complicated than "big number good small number bad".

Leave a comment:

• doomie
    replied
    Originally posted by mbrf View Post

... Valve hasn't had the best track record with hardware 😂
    and yet i want another steam controller so badly

Leave a comment:

• mbrf
    replied

And Windows player increased from about 450 thousand to 1 150 thousand in this time.

You forgot, in 2013 linux had 2% and now has only 1% - this is totally disaster.
    But consider the fact that massive influx in the beginning likely was linux users to begin with, that wanted to see if they could ditch windows, or make a viable console, but when they found that a lot of game developers wasn't porting thier games, would likely use their Steam on Linux less.
    I completely get that it has been declining as a percentage, but I find it impressive that it's grown in numbers.
    If anti-cheat gets functional on Linux (which is in the works), which is what keeps some of the more popular games from being played on Linux, and Valve can make good on their promise that the whole Steam library will work on Steam on Linux (SteamDeck), then the people who has Windows only for gaming, can switch completely to Linux, others can spend more time on Linux, all of which will increase the statistics of Steam on Linux users.

I don't see it as a disaster. I see it as curiousity about something that wasn't quite ready, and something that wasn't backed by enough game-developers to properly gain traction - yet enough people has stuck with it, that it's still alive, and is now slightly on the rise again.

Leave a comment:

• mbrf
    replied
    Lol, if they count Steam Deck as Linux (which it technically is) I wonder how much that would affect Steam on Linux marketshare? Obviously depends on how many Steam Decks they sell, but it should be a decent amount.
    I don't see why it wouldn't be counted as Linux. It's a full Linux desktop that's on there, with laptop/console hardware.
    On IGN interviews, Gaben has stated that they expect to sell millions of them.
    If the current Steam Linux userbase is 1,2million, and that makes up 1%, then it would likely exceed 3%.
    If this in any way makes some of the windows users aware that Linux exists, and makes others see that not only hackers are using Linux, that could potentially trickle into more desktop users, which again would feed the steam on Linux statistics - I know... I'm hopeful, and realistically, Valve hasn't had the best track record with hardware 😂

Leave a comment:

• HEL88
    replied
    Originally posted by osw89 View Post
    Since you seem to be deliberately misinterpreting data, let's look at how many steam users there are now and were in 2017.

Around 0.7%(your graph shows somewhere between 0.6 and 0.8) of 67 million makes 469 thousand whereas 1% of 120 million makes 1.2 million. A %141 increase in linux users is hardly being less popular in comparison to the past. Ignoring the fact that the total amount of steam users is increasing faster than the amount of steam users on linux to make it look as if less people are using linux is untruthful, or more severely - a lie.

Leave a comment:

• HEL88
    replied
    Originally posted by mbrf View Post

I'm not sure that you're talking about the same thing.
    I talking about Linux share on Steam. In 2013 linux has 2% and now has only 1%.

Leave a comment:

• F.Ultra
    replied

Hm, the Steam Survey doesn't seem representative of the actual distribution if it's random. Why not just gather the data? I have no problem with automatically reporting computer specs as long as I can change the option to do so.
    I think that Valve does not want to fall into the "telemetry trap" and actually play nice while simultaneously not having a use for excessively detailed data. It doesn't really give them much more information to base decisions on if Linux is say 0.5% or 1%, only if it would be 1% vs 10% and even a granular random survey is enough to collect such data.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X