Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lutris 0.5.9 Beta Released With Epic Games Store Support, DXVK-NVAPI/DLSS, Gamescope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peterdk
    replied
    I am playing Anno 1800 sometimes using Lutris, and it was earlier always the same performance as Windows. (35FPS 4k, everything ultra on a 3060Ti). But since updating to a newer wine version and the latest DXVK, I am actually getting 45FPS now, which is a huge improvement and faster then windows. Really impressed. Ofcourse, this is due to Wine and DXVK, but Lutris itself is a very useful tool to tweak stuff and to get stuff running.

Leave a comment:

• user1
    replied
    I don't understand how can you remove support of legacy Wined3d when it's part of upstream Wine?
    By "legacy", I assume they refer to the OpenGL backend.

Leave a comment:

• evasb
    replied
    About downloading EGS games on Linux: Why not? I got many games for free and most of them work fine with Heroic.

With Lutris, we can have a better launcher with great configurability.

It's literally FREE(as in beer), why would you be against it? If something, getting the games for free and don't buy anything on the EGS is not helping them, they pay the game for you.
    Last edited by evasb; 01 August 2021, 08:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Alexmitter
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

If you'd have read all of the release notes you'd see better GOG and Humble support too. They've also done stuff in the past to to get Origin, Ubisoft, and other launchers to work. They're an equal opportunity provider and offender.

They make a full featured Linux Game Launcher. Are they supposed to go "Well, Alexmitter and a very small minority of hardcore Linux types don't like Epic Megagames so we better not implement that platform" or "Well, seems like a lot of people use this Epic Megagames service. We should implement that to attract more people to our service as well as it'll help us be an even fuller featured game launcher"?
    its a difference if you offer the Epic Game Store alongside Uplay, EA Origin, GOG Galaxy and the others as Lutris Runners, or if you directly integrate them in Lutris. It would actually be less bad to integrate EA Origin in Lutris then EGS because EA is just passive, Epic Megagames is openly hostile to both Linux Users and consumers in general.

I am free to spend my money however I want. Loosing my 10 bucks per month will certainly not hurt them that much .

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post
    So, getting money from Epic pays out for Epic, who could have guessed that

If Lutris decides that Epic Megagames is the company they want to support, then my 10 bucks per month are not needed, I just canceled my monthly donations.
    If you'd have read all of the release notes you'd see better GOG and Humble support too. They've also done stuff in the past to to get Origin, Ubisoft, and other launchers to work. They're an equal opportunity provider and offender.

They've also added AMD FSR support. That alone will make gaming on Linux better than Windows. I wish I could use FSR instead of integer scaling through Radeon.

They make a full featured Linux Game Launcher. Are they supposed to go "Well, Alexmitter and a very small minority of hardcore Linux types don't like Epic Megagames so we better not implement that platform" or "Well, seems like a lot of people use this Epic Megagames service. We should implement that to attract more people to our service as well as it'll help us be an even fuller featured game launcher"?

Leave a comment:

• evasb
    replied
    Heroic/Legendary proved that it is not hard for Epic Games to port their launcher to Linux. The thing is: they don't care.

Tim Sweeney doesn't like Linux, and he loves to promote MS products -- he was an MS partner with Gears of War, and he pressured Sony to enable cross-play with other consoles (a move that ultimately benefitted the failing MS console business). Epic Games even deprecated Linux support from Rocket League when they bought the company behind this game. Now he panders with his half-hearted moves, like donating peanuts to Lutris or enabling Legendary people to download the games.
    Last edited by evasb; 01 August 2021, 07:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Alexmitter
    replied
    Originally posted by dEnigma View Post

What are you talking about? How is it bad that Lutris supports the Epic Games Store? Now I can more easily run the games I got for free. My money is still with Steam and independent developers.
    "Installing Linux is sort of the equivalent of moving to Canada when one doesn’t like US political trends. "
    - Tim Sweeney

I will never monetarily support anyone who benefits Epic Megagames. Making it easier to use their platform on Linux is a way of befitting them.

Leave a comment:

• dEnigma
    replied
    Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post

If Lutris decides that Epic Megagames is the company they want to support, then my 10 bucks per month are not needed, I just canceled my monthly donations.
    What are you talking about? How is it bad that Lutris supports the Epic Games Store? Now I can more easily run the games I got for free. My money is still with Steam and independent developers.

Leave a comment:

• Alexmitter
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lutris 0.5.9 Beta Released With Epic Games Store Support, DXVK-NVAPI/DLSS, Gamescope

Phoronix: Lutris 0.5.9 Beta Released With Epic Games Store Support, DXVK-NVAPI/DLSS, Gamescope

Lutris 0.5.9-beta1 is out this Sunday as a rather significant update to this open-source Linux game manager. With this new version there are many new features for this centralized game launcher...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X