Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lutris 0.5.9 Beta Released With Epic Games Store Support, DXVK-NVAPI/DLSS, Gamescope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If EGS was really so hostile towards Linux, they could easily block it from running in Wine. But they don't. Maybe it's because they're not actually "evil" but just don't care about the small Linux market at the moment? Besides, it's not like you couldn't use EGS (or Uplay or etc.) through Lutris before this version, you just had to install it as a "Game", which was a bit weird.

Comment

The thing I find more weird is removing Gallium Nine support, as it seems Nine is actually getting a fair bit of upstream (Mesa) attention nowadays.

Comment

Why remove Gallium nine support? It is not perfect, but is perfectly usable. Is it that hard to maintain a simple switch on their gui?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post
          my monthly donations
          https://cla-assistant.io/lutris/lutris

Comment

All I want from Lutris is better KDE integration and for them to fix the damn minimize to tray setting.
            Lutris is a swell concept and I would use it if it weren't for the above. Since all my games are in either Steam or from GOG, I just use the Steam launcher to rout all my games (native and WINE), that way I get the benefits of the Steam platform in all my games (gamepad support and overlay). Downside is that games take a bit longer to load.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post

Free games on EGS are not Free as in Free Beer, you pay by giving them user numbers that they can use in argumentation for their exclusive deals. You pay by directly hurting those who actually put lots and money and effort in our platform.
              False. They are not free as in speech, but they absolutely are free as in beer. This kind of situation is exactly what the analogy aims to describe.

Comment

I tried Lutris several times but their UI concept is even more terrible than that of Steam so it did not click with me and it got purged.

Comment

Originally posted by reba View Post
                  I tried Lutris several times but their UI concept is even more terrible than that of Steam so it did not click with me and it got purged.
                  The main utility is being able to use install scripts for games. Dont need the UI to start afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by QwertyChouskie View Post
                    The thing I find more weird is removing Gallium Nine support, as it seems Nine is actually getting a fair bit of upstream (Mesa) attention nowadays.
                    Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
                    Why remove Gallium nine support? It is not perfect, but is perfectly usable. Is it that hard to maintain a simple switch on their gui?
                    I don't like that at all, for those games and hardware that can make use of gallium nine it often improves performance a lot.
                    Since the standalone i don't think it's a big burden to maintain support but i might be wrong.

Comment

Lutris is a project in dire need of competition. The maintainer is not mentally stable because open source is highly stressful and few people can do it full time. I know I couldn't. Random outbursts and weird decisions are to be expected.

It should probably be a separate strong backend project and people would write their own frontend in anything but GTK. The scripts need a better format that doesn't require so much babysitting and isn't gatekeeped. Lutris in general just breaks too much and feels like building on sand.
                      Last edited by AHOY; 03 August 2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X