Steam Beta Brings New Downloads Page, Linux Container Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sarmad View Post

When you stop using Windows and start gaming exclusively on Linux.
    I haven't used Windows in years, but the last time I got a Steam hardware survey on Linux is a couple of years ago. So no, gaming exclusively on Linux doesn't help.

Comment

Originally posted by Henk717 View Post
      If you opt out of the beta you will probably get them.
      Guess again. I've been using Steam for Linux only (I haven't used Windows in years!) for a couple of years now and by that I mean the stable version, NOT the beta. But it's been years since I last received the survey.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

I haven't used Windows in years, but the last time I got a Steam hardware survey on Linux is a couple of years ago. So no, gaming exclusively on Linux doesn't help.
        Yeah, not everyone gets the survey, this is normal. I was referring to people saying they see the survey on Windows but not on Linux; so I was telling those that you wouldn't have received the survey on Windows if you sticked to Linux.

Comment

You guys are strange, complaining about not having your data collected.

Comment

Did you if they fixed something about running VR games with proton ? Until now I never been able to run anything VR not native to linux...

Comment

Originally posted by lyamc View Post
              You guys are strange, complaining about not having your data collected.
              I mean: Steam collects data anyway. A few more details for their statistics aren't a big deal to me. If I wanted to stop data collection, I would stop using Steam altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
                Thank you! and @bple2137!
                What's the category of that link please?
                None of the games seem to support Linux.. judging by the list of icons I see Windows and Mac mostly (and a "link" icon which I'm not sure what refers to, sorry I'm on mobile maybe not having tooltips doesn't help)
                Sorry, I didn't find a option to restrict by OS - this category is supposed to be local split screen co-op.
                A lot of games without the Linux icon still run with Proton but it's a hard sell for me if Linux isn't supported directly in the store page - I don't like to reboot the game PC into Windows.

Comment

Working...
                X