Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Beta Brings New Downloads Page, Linux Container Updates

Phoronix: Steam Beta Brings New Downloads Page, Linux Container Updates

Valve just pushed out a rather significant Steam beta update for gamers across Windows, macOS, and Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And when will they fix the survey?

Comment

Linux container runtime updates for both Scout and Soldier.
      Is this the heavy update?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        And when will they fix the survey?
        When you stop using Windows and start gaming exclusively on Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post

I got my first survey maybe a year ago when I started gaming heavily on Linux. My first survey in 11 years of Steam account existence.

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post

That will never happen as it would require all 4 billion computer users to switch to Linux.

I mean, there are too many reports of people getting the survey every month on Windows and only once every 5 years on Linux...

Oh! See the post above mine for an example.

Comment

I've never received the survey. Have been using steam on linux for like 6 years now.

Comment

The hardware survey only works if you are NOT in a beta. Since traditionally you needed the beta for stuff like Proton i think many of us won't get them since typically we needed the latest and greatest. If you opt out of the beta you will probably get them. Especially if your Windows clients run the Beta and your Linux clients don't.

Comment

I've been asked to complete the survey three times in all the years I've had a Steam account. It was always on my anemic laptop where I have Steam installed for Plague Inc. and a few other non-intensive games. For this reason, I have always said no. I've never run the beta versions of Steam on any system.

Comment

I really love the updated UI

Comment

Working...
                    X