Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future Of UT3 On Linux Appears Uncertain

Phoronix: The Future Of UT3 On Linux Appears Uncertain

While there are great open-source games like Nexuiz and XreaL, a title many Linux gamers have been waiting years for has been Unreal Tournament 3. Prior to the game launching, a Linux client was confirmed and that famed developer/porter Ryan Gordon was porting the UT3 engine. When the game launched, the Linux client was missing in action and even the Linux server build...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I've heard about a laked version of ut3... but I haven't news about testing on it...

Comment

Originally posted by fabioamd87 View Post
      I've heard about a laked version of ut3... but I haven't news about testing on it...
      I heard Santa sometimes laughs at children...

Comment

I heard UT3 likes players to have SM with GameSpy ( Yes! I want to register again! Do it! )

Comment

Good old passing the buck. First 3rd party middleware was blamed, then epic, now Ryan. Svartalf your next on the list. :P Seriously, you can tell they don't give a crap about the client when you have to pass the buck just to find out what is going on. Hopefully Ryan reads that response email and comments on it.

I don't hold out much hope though seeing that they are still trying to get even a stable UT3 2.0 linux server going.

Comment

At this point, I highly doubt we'll ever see the Linux client. I think the most important question is: when/if it's released, will anyone still care?

Comment

Originally posted by MaestroMaus View Post
              I heard Santa sometimes laughs at children...

Comment

I have one thing to say: AHAHAHAHHAHAHA. Oh, and f%ck you Epic Games.

Comment

reading in to Epic's reply, I can't help thinking that this situation will constantly hinder ports until the big game companies get skills in-house. Fresh blood is needed in the Linux gaming scene, Ryan does do good work but he is only one man and I'm pretty sure he is not thinking about living/doing this forever........

I just wish I was better at coding and I could start contributing to Linux

Comment

Originally posted by fabioamd87 View Post
                    My reply still doesn't change...

Comment

Working...
                    X