Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cedega 7.1.1 Released With New Game Support

Phoronix: Cedega 7.1.1 Released With New Game Support

For those that have faced issues with WINE or CodeWeaver's CrossOver Games, perhaps you may want to try out the latest release of Cedega. Transgaming has just released Cedega 7.1.1, which is the first point release since Cedega 7.1 was released a month ago. Cedega 7.1.1 promises to offer fixes for Bioshock, Left 4 Dead, and Steam...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And for those not interested in either WINE nor Cedega, Nexuiz 2.5 has been released today and a new Sauerbraten release is coming this month.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
      ...Nexuiz 2.5 has been released today...

Sweet. I really dig the new maps.
      Last edited by Melcar; 03 April 2009, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Wow, Cedega looks quite promising to me.

Comment

Is anyone actually buying this stuff ? If I'm out there for proprietary code to run my games, I prefer running XP ... Less troubles, more fun

Comment

Originally posted by GreatWalrus View Post
            Wow, Cedega looks quite promising to me.
            Heh... Ask CCP/White Wolf what they think of Cedega and Transgaming...

Comment

Originally posted by remm View Post
              Is anyone actually buying this stuff ? If I'm out there for proprietary code to run my games, I prefer running XP ... Less troubles, more fun
              And more DRM, virii, etc... Well, if you're into technomasochism, I suppose you could call that stuff "fun".

Some of us don't like MS or Windows and try avoiding it's use for anything. I have to because my day-job makes me from time to time (I'm one of their Linux subject matter experts...but they use BOTH OSes...) and because I have to do occasional comparisons when I'm porting titles from Windows over to Linux.

Comment

I don't think hardcore gamers are the primary target for Linux, of course you can play serveral games with wine/cedega or even native, but most of the time (if not already opensource) long after a Win or console release. Playing DX titles is always slower than using the native code, OpenGL games run usully pretty fast, but then it is more likely that there already exists a native variant. So if you want to play current games then you need at least dual boot or a gaming console.

Comment

Till their "certification" actually means it works well not just "We sort of managed to start it, ergo its playable." Cedega will be a waste of money. (even then I wouldn't pay to use it the only thing it has over wine is supporting some DRM which I like even less then windows only programs.)

Comment

Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
                    Till their "certification" actually means it works well not just "We sort of managed to start it, ergo its playable." Cedega will be a waste of money. (even then I wouldn't pay to use it the only thing it has over wine is supporting some DRM which I like even less then windows only programs.)
                    Thats simply not true.

The certified games run really well in cedega.
                    If you really ever tried a certified game (and i doubt you did) you also could have called support in case of problems.
                    But if am wrong and you tried one, which one was it and which probs did you have ?

Comment

Working...
                    X