Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa 21.x Seems To Muck Up Gamers' Trust Factor For Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 21.x Seems To Muck Up Gamers' Trust Factor For Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Phoronix: Mesa 21.x Seems To Muck Up Gamers' Trust Factor For Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Those moving to Mesa 21.x releases for the latest open-source GPU driver support on Linux are seemingly finding their Valve "Trust Factor" matchmaking system scores dropping for Counter-Strike: GO, leading to numerous upset Linux gamers with AMD Radeon GPUs...

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...sa-21-CS-GO-TF

Michael, "this Valve bug report" - this link don't work.

Comment

So far we have not seen official feedback from Valve since January. This should be quite simple to confirm/deny...

Comment

Originally posted by ZFKerr View Post
        Michael, "this Valve bug report" - this link don't work.
        Fixed, thanks, just messed up the tag.
        Michael Larabel
        http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Fixed, thanks, just messed up the tag.
          I can't believe it......

How does a graphics driver get flagged as cheating? I might understand things like FreeCam or X-Ray but...

Comment

How do you know your Trust Factor?

I have never seen it in CS:GO anywhere. Is it more about "assuming" it is lowered, because of shittier teams you are put in?

Comment

Any Valve representative able to explain this better and if a fix without disabling glthread is in the works?

Comment

I find it funny that they need to disable something on a public repo, for a public library, used by lots of people, to fix an error in *their* closed source software... #irony

Comment

Given the issue has been appearing since January after mesa_glthread was flipped on, it's too bad they weren't yet able to figure out the issue with Trust Factor itself yet.
                  Not really. Valve uses a slower time frame than the average LTS Linux Distribution.
                  Last edited by skeevy420; 03 May 2021, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by r3pek View Post
                    I find it funny that they need to disable something on a public repo, for a public library, used by lots of people, to fix an error in *their* closed source software... #irony
                    If you look at the original patch, it was a configuration (dri.conf?) specifically for CS:GO enabling the threading by default, so it makes sense rolling back the change

Comment

Working...
                    X