Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated FUTEX2 System Call Patches Posted For Helping Wine/Proton, Other Use-Cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

TBH I havent had the focus on it. Usually I play singleplayer games so Anti Cheat Engine crossed only one time my eyes on Linux Watch Dogs 2 back in proton-5.xyz I had to pass deaktivation of the wd anticheat engine of WD2. Havent tested it with never proton-6.5 etc yet.

AFAIK Resident Evil 7 uses Denuvo? Which works fine over proton-ge-6.1 till 6.5-ge-2 and steam. If you can point me to a list of games with Denuvo Anticheat, drm xyz B$ then I can check if I have a game on the List and what my experiences are.

But upfront the moste AC's work very nice III. Black Flag, Rouge, Odyssay, Origin, Unity: Syndicate is prone to stutter...havent checked it since proton-ge-5?

Watchdogs 1 and 2 are working very good now.

Cheers

My system config Ryzen3600XT+Radeon5700XT
    PopOS 20.10 (Gnome-Wayland)
    mesa driver and libdrm(git pull daily) lto,o3,znver2;
    always latest stable/edge Kernel Xanmod (Cacule-flavor) compiled with znver,o3; atm 5.12
    proton-ge-6.5-GE-2 (wine dxvk and vkd3d - partially lto, o3, znver2 builds)
    netext-gcc-10.3.0
    netext-binutils-2.36.1
    Ah good, thanks for the info. Maybe I'll try AC Origins on Linux then.

I tried using DXVK on Windows, it yielded a big boost in performance over AMDs Direct3D 11 driver.

Comment

Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post

Ah good, thanks for the info. Maybe I'll try AC Origins on Linux then.
      Origins works very smoothly. Have done a complete playthrough (+all story DLCs) 70h+ and no issues so far.

With Origins and Odyssey I have never had issues.
      Syndicate is stuttering and (is)/was also picky with Wayland and X. Unity tend to stutter depends on the wine/proton version.
      III, Black Flag, Rouge are working also well.
      AC III Remastered has an issues with liberation - black screen but old Liberation HD works also nicely
      Not much playtime on these:
      AC Liberation HD seems to work
      AC II /Bloodlines works was stuttering with older proton wine versions (<6.0 AFAIR)
      AC I Works

remark: All the AC's are started via Lutris/ Uplay no steam involved. I have extracted the wine-build from the proton build.
      DXVK in this case is compiled saparately - I really recommend the latest 1.8.1 Version.

use this docker image to build dxvk x86/x86_64 system independend. Native compilation often screws my lib dependenciess.
      One might update the ubuntu/debian version of the docker image to a more recent one before

Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post
      I tried using DXVK on Windows, it yielded a big boost in performance over AMDs Direct3D 11 driver.
      Nice have to try it
      Last edited by CochainComplex; 30 April 2021, 10:21 AM.

Comment

PS. Before you go "bleeding edge" and pull the v3 patches from gitlab...

- This API change will break the glibc[4] and Proton[5] ports for now.
        Guess it will need some tweaked wine/proton patches before v3 is up to speed.

Comment

Working...
        X