Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated FUTEX2 System Call Patches Posted For Helping Wine/Proton, Other Use-Cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish there was a copr repository for Fedora with these patches.

Comment

Originally posted by MastaG View Post
      I'm not using fedora can't test this repo - https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/co...kernel-xanmod/
      but as stated by me previously xanmod kernel is implementing this patchset plus other nice improvements. If you are into gaming you should give it a try.
      Last edited by CochainComplex; 28 April 2021, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MastaG View Post
        wine-tkg copr available here: https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/patrickl/

Comment

Major missed opportunity. They should've called it FU2TEX!

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
            Major missed opportunity. They should've called it FU2TEX!
            That sounds like a Tex derivative

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
              That sounds like a Tex derivative
              Or yet another who's had more than enough of its "badness"!

I took to LaTeX pretty naturally, but quickly left it behind for XML Docbook. These days, I write mostly one-off docs and don't have cause for procedural generation or proper source control (or else I use a wiki). So, I've not much use for either, sadly.

Comment

Futex2 v3 + Multigenerational LRU working great under optimized kernels

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post
                  Just a 4% performance improvement for up to 800 threads and a decrease of 21% for requeue, the numbers don't look that great yet to me. I hope there is potential to improve the performance further.
                  For comparing futex() and futex2() performance
                  What do you exactly expect here or did you just missed this part?

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
                    I'm using these patches since a while via xanmod kernel + proton-ge-6.5 there are for sure performance uplifts. e.g. AC:Origin benchmark has way less stutter on ultra settings.
                    Did you get the version before they updated it removing futex2, then?

Comment

Originally posted by clintar View Post

Did you get the version before they updated it removing futex2, then?
                      I have had multiple versions - but the latest one shows "futex2 up and running" in the "Lutris log". I can for sure say that it works.

Comment

Working...
                      X