X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luke_Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Anyway we can implement Ray-Tracing into AMDGPU Mesa drivers for those that aren't using RDNA2? WINK WINK
    If you wanted your games to run at like 5 FPS. Truth is even current gen GPUs aren't really fast enough for Real Time Raytracing the way gamers want it just yet. They manage to make it real time but their performance is total garbage compared to what we're used to.

Leave a comment:

• higuita
    replied
    I'm using X11 with RADV (mesa 21.0.2) in a AMD RX480 and the game is working fine, without any finetune, so maybe this is really some problem with a feature in newer cards

Leave a comment:

• Dukenukemx
    replied
    Anyway we can implement Ray-Tracing into AMDGPU Mesa drivers for those that aren't using RDNA2? WINK WINK

Leave a comment:

• gukin
    replied
    It's not on GOG yet, I wonder if they'll have a 78GB ".sh" file for the installer? That's one fat game.

Leave a comment:

• heredoc
    replied
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Metro Exodus Launches For Linux But Off To Bumpy Start

Launching the game with "-benchmark" and the related arguments leads to... just a blank screen.

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...s-Linux-Launch
    Hi, I'm trying to utilize the benchmark support found in the Linux versions of Metro 2033 Redux. I see there's the benchmark.sh provided (thanks!) but it seems the output_file option isn't working. I've been trying various combinations to use -output_file for dumping the FPS results upon completion, but so far I haven't been able to get any working combination.

Leave a comment:

• ThoreauHD
    replied
    Fanatical has the gold edition(all dlc's) for $21.

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by Faalagorn View Post
    is it Vulkan or OpenGL for Linux? I think the first for Linux (and I assume Metal for macOS), but I just can find the D3D apis info for Windows.
    I don't think you can do RTX under OpenGL, so I'm betting Vulkan.

Leave a comment:

• Marco-GG
    replied
    As others mentioned, it's working really well with my AMD GPU (RX 580). The crash that Michael is getting is probably related to the Mesa rc he is using.

Leave a comment:

• DerCaveman
    replied
    Originally posted by msjyoshi View Post

It didn't work for me. Tried SDL_VIDEODRIVER and combining with LD_PRELOAD'ing sdl2 libs from my system.
    Just to be sure- you tried "SDL_VIDEODRIVER=x11"?

Leave a comment:

• msjyoshi
    replied
    Originally posted by hjahre View Post

So setting the SDL_VIDEODRIVER environment variable should work?
    It didn't work for me. Tried SDL_VIDEODRIVER and combining with LD_PRELOAD'ing sdl2 libs from my system. Doesn't launch on Wayland and there is no error output.

Switching to Xorg it launches fine using RADV, I get between 90-120 fps on Extreme 1440p on a Radeon 6800. (Also using gamemode and mangohud and latest mesa git).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X