X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the new thing in games, day launch many problems

Comment

Originally posted by hjahre View Post

So setting the SDL_VIDEODRIVER environment variable should work?
      It didn't work for me. Tried SDL_VIDEODRIVER and combining with LD_PRELOAD'ing sdl2 libs from my system. Doesn't launch on Wayland and there is no error output.

Switching to Xorg it launches fine using RADV, I get between 90-120 fps on Extreme 1440p on a Radeon 6800. (Also using gamemode and mangohud and latest mesa git).

Comment

Originally posted by msjyoshi View Post

It didn't work for me. Tried SDL_VIDEODRIVER and combining with LD_PRELOAD'ing sdl2 libs from my system.
        Just to be sure- you tried "SDL_VIDEODRIVER=x11"?

Comment

As others mentioned, it's working really well with my AMD GPU (RX 580). The crash that Michael is getting is probably related to the Mesa rc he is using.

Comment

Originally posted by Faalagorn View Post
            is it Vulkan or OpenGL for Linux? I think the first for Linux (and I assume Metal for macOS), but I just can find the D3D apis info for Windows.
            I don't think you can do RTX under OpenGL, so I'm betting Vulkan.

Comment

Fanatical has the gold edition(all dlc's) for $21.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                Phoronix: Metro Exodus Launches For Linux But Off To Bumpy Start

Launching the game with "-benchmark" and the related arguments leads to... just a blank screen.

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...s-Linux-Launch
                Hi, I'm trying to utilize the benchmark support found in the Linux versions of Metro 2033 Redux. I see there's the benchmark.sh provided (thanks!) but it seems the output_file option isn't working. I've been trying various combinations to use -output_file for dumping the FPS results upon completion, but so far I haven't been able to get any working combination.

Comment

It's not on GOG yet, I wonder if they'll have a 78GB ".sh" file for the installer? That's one fat game.

Comment

Anyway we can implement Ray-Tracing into AMDGPU Mesa drivers for those that aren't using RDNA2? WINK WINK

Comment

I'm using X11 with RADV (mesa 21.0.2) in a AMD RX480 and the game is working fine, without any finetune, so maybe this is really some problem with a feature in newer cards

Comment

Working...
                      X