Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXVK 1.8.1 Released With More Performance, Game Fixes

Phoronix: DXVK 1.8.1 Released With More Performance, Game Fixes

Building off the recent DXVK 1.8 release is a new point release with more performance optimizations, game fixes, and related work to this Direct3D-on-Vulkan translation layer that is extremely popular with Linux gamers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

when the game thinks...
    what next ? game has feeling ?

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post

what next ? game has feeling ?
      Game has AI, it's just the natural course.

Comment

Originally posted by jntesteves View Post

Game has AI, it's just the natural course.
        I wonder if Game AIs will develop asshole or suicidal tendencies. I've watched my Dad play games and he misses a lot of obvious stuff in games like the revamped Hitman series. If all my life was watching my Dad play games and missing the obvious I'd want to commit suicide too. If it is genuinely intelligent and has a conscious, Game AI would have to be a horrible existence. Do we really want a bored AI running Call of Duty?

Person: Damn. I've played 720 hours and wore out my controller to the point that it has stick drift.
        AI: 720 hours of that crap level gaming? I'm gonna "upgrade" the controller's firmware and take a nap.

20 years later
        Person: Oh shit. It's Terminator Wayne Brady.
        AI: This is what y'all get for using me to train Call of Duty bots.

Comment

Working...
        X