UT3 Linux Still Undergoing Work, No ETA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@tball

For a server/client based game you don't need to count sales. You can get stats from the server if the client reports the os. You could even check for wine/cedgea or whatever if you really want to.

Comment

Originally posted by sylware View Post
      That looks very fishy.
      1 year and a half to port an engine which had its previous version running on GNU/Linux.
      I would like to have a look at what's really been done... and even I'm dying to see the code in order to really assess if that delay is not a pack of bullsh**s.
      There are only 2 reasons I can think of:
      - the port is delayed on purpose
      - the code is pure sh**
      In any case, I won't buy this sh$t. They deserve a lesson and the only way for us to give them a lesson is not buying their product.

Comment

Originally posted by sylware View Post
        - the port is delayed on purpose
        - the code is pure sh**
        I got a getter reason.
        The massive amount of middleware that went into the game.
        Any one of those things could have been coded so badly that they basically have to tear down the entire framework and reimplement it.

Great post Chewi.
        I hope Epic next time around has the good sense (in their PR department) to tell us what's going on to a better degree than this. After this is done, someone high up had better be canned for how this was handled.

Comment

I hope epic has the good sense to put icculus on the development team so problems ( whatever the problem is ) can be anticipated and dealt with long before shipping

Comment

Middleware drama you can't always predict.

Comment

Originally posted by tball View Post
              It's stupid not to buy this if you are a linuxgame supporter. If there is no sale in the linux part, they might drop linux for good.
              Sure its not funny with the way overdue releasedate, but see it on the bright side. Now we get a lot of finished mods as a bonus :P
              http://www.moddb.com/mods?filter=t&=...e=169&type=def
              yes, because any intelligent person expects too results when delaying it like this, not giving ANY sort of information?

if the morons in their management department cant figure that out, they frankly deserve to be comitted to the nearest protected home, for their own, and mainly others protection.

Comment

Working...
              X