No announcement yet.

Cyberpunk 2077 Can Run On Linux With Steam Play's Proton 5.13-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overhaulmod orignal source provides prebuild releases aswell on github so no need to subscribe on mod sites https://github.com/yamashi/PerformanceOverhaulCyberpunk
    Last edited by CochainComplex; 15 December 2020, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
      It's true it can run, but sadly it's not playable due to crashes. I mean the game's already unstable on windows in the first place, it's just even worse with proton.

The performance is subpar too, but that's to be expected, vkd3d just isn't there yet with performance, but it's quite impressive that it's actually able to correctly render the game, all it needs now are tweaks and optimizations.
      well depends in my case I have not so much bugs. and as shown by flightless mango proton reaches 90% of the win performance (in his/her configuration) which is not so bad at all. Do you have an AMD card? Nvidia has issues with this game under linux that is already known and was stated from release on.

Comment

Originally posted by Zan Lynx View Post
        I can't believe you're trying to play a 2020 game on some CPU without AVX.
        You say that, but after the fixes it runs better on my old PC than on a PS4. Old console users got screwed. At least my old ass PC has the modding scene to, luckily, fall back on.

But, yeah, this is gonna be the last year or so of this PC. Once the holiday season is over I'm gonna start saving up for a Zen 4 system.

Comment

Originally posted by xxmitsu View Post
          One thing is for sure. There is interest from players on linux. I hope CD PROKECT RED sees this and releases a more native like solution. Especially since the capability is already implemented with stadia.. Unless somehow was sponsored by google for them exclusively and forbids the reusal.
          There is a story that goes around about CD Projekt management being burnt by the vitriol around Witcher 2 release. The release was very buggy, and the online backlash caused a huge swing in stock price on the Warsaw exchange. They never released Witcher 3 on Linux.

Comment

I came to the conclusion that the game is very processor-dependent. I saw the test on YouTube, Ryzen 9 3900x and rtx 2070s. So here it is on ultra with beams below 50 fps did not fall even in the city center. Despite the fact that the majority of this video drawdown of up to 35%. And few people have such processors.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

well depends in my case I have not so much bugs. and as shown by flightless mango proton reaches 90% of the win performance (in his/her configuration) which is not so bad at all. Do you have an AMD card? Nvidia has issues with this game under linux that is already known and was stated from release on.
              Yeah I have an nvidia card, but I haven't actually tested it, I've just seen others tetsing it (including flightlessmango actually, and he had a problem where the GPU randomly hangs & the game crashes, frequently).

Comment

Working...
              X