No announcement yet.

Cyberpunk 2077 Can Run On Linux With Steam Play's Proton 5.13-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steam Beta client is out as well and it appears they've finally addressed the buggy "Processing Vulkan Shaders" dialog.

From the release notes:

Linux
    • Improved performance of processing incremental Vulkan shader database updates
    • Fixed several issues around skipped Vulkan shader processing continuing in the background after a game has started
    • Disabled shader processing on NVIDIA while driver issues are being looked into

Comment

They released a 50 gig 'patch' for 2077 yesterday. The native game play is supposedly very buggy. Just keep that in mind going forward. They are going to be proton patching like hell to keep this game afloat.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoreauHD View Post
        They released a 50 gig 'patch' for 2077 yesterday. The native game play is supposedly very buggy. Just keep that in mind going forward. They are going to be proton patching like hell to keep this game afloat.
        The only glitches I encountered are with some 3D rig animations, other than that the game and the game engine are running flawlessly, the performance is very good considering the impressive visuals that game offers. The character detail is next level.

Comment

Originally posted by hax0r View Post
          The only glitches I encountered are with some 3D rig animations, other than that the game and the game engine are running flawlessly, the performance is very good considering the impressive visuals that game offers. The character detail is next level.
          How's the actual gameplay? Impressive graphics don't matter much if the actual "game" is boring (like RDR2)

Comment

Testing GOG release in Wine-staging + vkd3d-proton master + Mesa master. RX 5700 XT, 2560 x 1440.

Intro video:

Character creation screen:

First in-game area (a bar):

Sometimes things glitch out in video sequences:

There are still some graphical glitches (like blinking black frames and etc.). So things aren't perfect yet and there is definitely some bug reporting to do.
            Last edited by shmerl; 10 December 2020, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Impressive indeed

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                Testing in Wine-staging + vkd3d-proton master + Mesa master. RX 5700 XT, 2560 x 1440.

There are still some graphical glitches (like blinking black frames and etc.). So things aren't perfect yet and there is definitely some bug reporting to do.
                Sure that this isn't just some environment detail ? Cyberpunk you can't be sure - glitches are part of the style .

Btw it runs quite good for a day one proton release. I was not able to spot glitches but to be honest I was not able to play more then a few minutes..im in a hurry. Nonetheless I'm impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Haven't seen yet if Cyberpunk has any automated benchmark capabilities with CLI switches.... If anyone notices, let me know. Waiting to buy it until finding out if there are such support.
                  How are reviewers achieveing this in windows ?
                  Basically, you only require some way to reproduce/replay the same scenes over and over, right?

Why aren't you implementing an intergration between PTS and mangohud, dxvk_hud or something similar .. so that even if the game doesn't provide frame statistics, you could still capture them. And also 95% percentile would be nice, which aforementioned aleady supports.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

Sure that this isn't just some environment detail ? Cyberpunk you can't be sure - glitches are part of the style .

Btw it runs quite good for a day one proton release. I was not able to spot glitches but to be honest I was not able to play more then a few minutes..im in a hurry. Nonetheless I'm impressed.
                    I don't think those are intended glitches, unless they imply characters have faulty implants and things are just blinking around?

It is impressive indeed for day one situation on Linux

Comment

One thing is for sure. There is interest from players on linux. I hope CD PROKECT RED sees this and releases a more native like solution. Especially since the capability is already implemented with stadia.. Unless somehow was sponsored by google for them exclusively and forbids the reusal.

Comment

Working...
                      X