• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grim85 View Post

Bigger bummer is that a Vulkan renderer exists for Stadia
    You sure is not vkd3d?

Comment

Originally posted by bemerk View Post
      what was needed to make the game work?
      Its dx12 only. That work was done these past 6 months or so with Vkd3d-proton where a lot of recent dx12 only games failed to work or had problems. GPU drivers also needed some fixes as well. Just happens to be that enough was done for it working on release of this one. Didn't go terribly well with past game releases.

But, like I said earlier, it probably doesn't have ray tracing so its not like everything is perfect (not supposed to have it on release anyway so Valve has time). Proton changelog also doesn't mention Nvidia. Depends on definition of working. It will work for those who it works for.
      Last edited by ix900; 09 December 2020, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by doublez13 View Post
        Such a bummer they don't support Vulkan on the Windows port. However, I could not be more appreciative of Valve's commitment to Linux gaming. To think a game like this could be running on Linux on launch day is insane.
        Bigger bummer is it won't have a native Linux version but it'll have a FreeBSD based one : PS5

Comment

Michael, there is also a new Proton experimental branch on Steam.

Maybe it could be interesting to follow it's progress on CPU overhead reduction at least?

Comment

Wonder why they implement DX12 on windows when they have a Vulkan Backend for Stadia anyway..
            Probably because they run on XBox as well.. Otherwise they could just go with only Vulkan?

Comment

Originally posted by Shnatsel View Post
              I wonder what the Proton performance is like compared to DX12 on Windows.
              I tried vkd3d on battlefield 1 recently and it was chop city, but solid 60+ fps under DX11.. I'm not very confident in vkd3d atm, also does it even do DXR? probably not.

Comment

I'm curious how well the GOG version of the game will run on Lutris

Comment

Originally posted by Templar82 View Post
                  I'm curious how well the GOG version of the game will run on Lutris
                  It should run quite well, GOG galaxy has been working with lutris for quite some time. Most launchers work quite well now.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                    ... and be using Mesa 20.1-devel Git.
                    Looks like a typo.

Comment

hmm, noticed it uses D3D12on7 windows 7 compatibility. A quick look and it appears to be a D3D12->D3D11 wrapper.
                      Wonder how the performance of D3D12on7 with dxvk compares to vkd3d

Comment

Working...
                      X