• Show
Clear All

I'm trying to get the GOG version to run on Gentoo, using:
    - Linux 5.9.13
    - Mesa 21 (on a 5700 XT)
    - vkd3d 1.2
    - wine-staging 5.22
    But the game crashes instantly with:
    "Unhandled page fault on read access to 0000000000008664 at address 000000007BC60FE0 (thread 00e0), starting debugger..."
    Same with "Proton Experimental".

Comment

Originally posted by Lycanthropist View Post
      I'm trying to get the GOG version to run on Gentoo, using:
      - Linux 5.9.13
      - Mesa 21 (on a 5700 XT)
      - vkd3d 1.2
      - wine-staging 5.22
      But the game crashes instantly with:
      "Unhandled page fault on read access to 0000000000008664 at address 000000007BC60FE0 (thread 00e0), starting debugger..."
      Same with "Proton Experimental".
      I guess you might need vkd3-proton 2.0+ which is different to vkd3d.

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
        That's actually pretty neat. I was disappointed when Star Wars: Squadrons wasn't and still isn't able to run in Proton due to the anti-cheat system used, but definitely good to see at least one of my most anticipated games of the year running on Linux at launch.

Annoyingly I discovered last week that the fan is about to fail on my 1070 Ti, but luckily it's still (barely) under warranty. The retailer that I bought it won't cover the warranty for the full duration so I had to go the manufacturer (MSI) directly. Only to get directed back to the retailer, from the retailer back to the manufacturer and then from the manufacturer's support to their normally not consumer-facing RMA service.

The conclusion of this is that I have to send the card to Poland, at my own expense, and with the Christmas holidays messing up package delivery and people taking time off it, or more likely the replacement, obviously arrive until early January. Add to that the fact that new cards of this caliber have been unobtainium for months, that I don't have a spare card and that the combination of this means my desktop will be a brick until January.
        Find old CPU heatsink and modify it until you can safely cover your GPU.

Later you can swap out fans when you need at ease. Also might need to cover VRAM chips with smaller heatsinks and add separate blower/fan cover them with forced airflow.

It works, even tho it wont look "nice". I used full-copper 1U Opteron heatsink one time I went that road and large case fan on top if it.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

I guess you might need vkd3-proton 2.0+ which is different to vkd3d.
          Thanks! This and changing the Windows version to 10 did the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Haven't seen yet if Cyberpunk has any automated benchmark capabilities with CLI switches.... If anyone notices, let me know. Waiting to buy it until finding out if there are such support.
            Request it? Who better to communicate to them what is wanted from benchmarking capabilities than you?
            Last edited by Darxus; 10 December 2020, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Ryzen 3950x
              Radeon VII
              Fedora 33 with the mesa-git copr

Ultra pre-set with Anti-aliasing lowered to 8 instead of 16.

It looks brilliant and runs surprisingly good. Between 45 and 60 FPS but never high input latency. Valve did a amazing job and it can only get better.

Comment

Your welcome! Glad it is working now!

Comment

Originally posted by pete910 View Post

You will need RDNA2 card for ray tracing on AMD, anything before does not support it.
                  You are right I forgot that

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post
                    Ryzen 3950x
                    Radeon VII
                    Fedora 33 with the mesa-git copr

Ultra pre-set with Anti-aliasing lowered to 8 instead of 16.

It looks brilliant and runs surprisingly good. Between 45 and 60 FPS but never high input latency. Valve did a amazing job and it can only get better.
                    Do you get a constant flickering? With RX 5700 XT it flickers way too much.

Comment

Hi Lycanthropist,

I'm experiencing the exact same problem with
                      Code:
                      wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0000000000008664 at address 000000007BC60FE0 (thread 00e0)
                      I have a similar setup, but with Steam on Ubuntu. Do you maybe have some tipps on how to achieve "install vkd3-proton 2.0+" and "change the Windows version to 10" with the Steam version?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                      X