Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDL2 Adds Support For The Xbox Series X Controller

Phoronix: SDL2 Adds Support For The Xbox Series X Controller

Last week Valve added Sony PlayStation 5 controller support to SDL2 while today there is launch-day support for the Xbox Series X controller for this cross-platform abstraction layer popular with games...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cool news! Doubt I'll see this support benefit me in the foreseeable future (don't play anything using up-to-date SDL2), but I've always liked Xbox controllers and their layout more.

Comment

I sincerely hope this new one doesn't suffer from the XBone problems, like problematic Bluetooth connection and lots of compatibility issues with some games. Also, I hope they revert to the traditional rubber-dome contact for the digital pad, because the one they use now is very problematic.

Comment

My experience is limited, but SDL2 always looked and worked better than GTK for me.

Comment

Working...
        X