Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OpenRazer 2.9 Released With Support For Handling More Razer Peripherals On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenRazer 2.9 Released With Support For Handling More Razer Peripherals On Linux

Phoronix: OpenRazer 2.9 Released With Support For Handling More Razer Peripherals On Linux

Version 2.9 of OpenRazer is now available as the independently-developed solution for configuring and monitoring various Razer peripherals on Linux like not only their keyboards and mice but also headsets and other hardware...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This release has made me lose my nerves completely, as it should not have been released without device state storage support.
    One year, and the pull request still lingering as if it wasn't complete. How much do I have to wait now? Another year? Probably forever!

This is probably the most disappointing release of OpenRazer ever made, with the developer completely forgetting about a change that would have made the project be closer to on par with Synapse in terms of features.

I guess I am going to get my pull request closed and simply fork the project.......

Comment

Awesome!
      My Blackwidow v3 Pro arrived this week and pairing via BT was sort of simple, I just need this keyboard to be support and it is now on par with Synapse - I would like to change the colour scheme to match that which i have in windows (helps with battery life as well)

Comment

Waiting for Razer to contribute something to this project themselves.
        Until then I'm not interested to buy any of their products.

Comment

@tildearrow

I think a year waiting means he doesn't care for your own project and mention it anytime their project is mentioned if your change is that important you'll gain a following for the project league will decide to accept the pull request

Comment

This is terrible I can't figure out how to edit my post anyways
            Fork your own project and mention it anytime his project is mentioned with the difference between the two projects..
            if your future is that important it will gain a following and become the standard if it's not no biggie you scratched your own age

Comment

Originally posted by cytomax55 View Post
              @tildearrow

I think a year waiting means he doesn't care for your own project and mention it anytime their project is mentioned if your change is that important you'll gain a following for the project league will decide to accept the pull request
              The pull request has been mentioned several times, and even Polychromatic 1.0 (still in development) added support for it (and I did not add it!).

It is not a whole project, but rather a simple fork with a change to add saving effects and state to the computer instead of device.

Comment

You spoken to the leader of the project... What is his response

Comment

Despite the complete disinterest from the Taiwanese making money off these products, it's nice to have some kind of support. Other vendors aren't so lucky. Roccat comes to mind.

Overall I prefer ckb-next ala Corsair. Profiling, firmware updates, and feature complete support. Although the pricing for their K95 next revision is getting into nosebleed territory for no particular reason.

Comment

I prefer keyboards that don’t need configuration software at all. From Ducky for example. Plays nice with every operating system.

Comment

Working...
                    X