No announcement yet.

Zink OpenGL-On-Vulkan Hitting ~95% Speed Of Native OpenGL Driver Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good devs are looking for good jobs... it takes more time and negotiations to get them, and waiting instead of getting the first offer is quite a good choice.

Comment

Impressive, great work!

Comment

It'd be nice to use Zink by default to provide OpenGL for Intel/AMD and possibly even nVidia. Perhaps we could then use vkBasalt to improve the graphics of all games if they're all going through Vulkan in the end. I am no expert so perhaps that still wouldn't be possible, but one can hope!

Comment

Dear Mike, if you read this:

First of all, congratulations with your new job! A lot of people are out of a job in these difficult times, and it's heartwarming to see someone dedicated and talented as you finding employment again.

Thank you so much for the amazing work you did on Zink. At this level, GPU driver developers can just focus exclusively on high-quality Vulkan drivers for newer hardware, and rely solely on Zink for OpenGL compatibility. If you were able to implement this from scratch and optimize it to achieve close-to-native OpenGL performance all by yourself in just a few months, think of what will be possible once more developers start maintaining and further improving it.

And yes, I hope you'll still find both the time and personal interest to tinker further with Zink from time to time, but earning a living should always come first. You've already given us something wonderful.

You've more than earned your new employment. May it be challenging and fulfilling. Stay healthy!

Comment

Originally posted by Lanz View Post
            It'd be nice to use Zink by default to provide OpenGL for Intel/AMD and possibly even nVidia. Perhaps we could then use vkBasalt to improve the graphics of all games if they're all going through Vulkan in the end. I am no expert so perhaps that still wouldn't be possible, but one can hope!
            Well, if you want to use vkbasalt for OpenGL, you can use already today the gamescope compositor. It works well for me.

Comment

Working...
            X