Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sacred Gold On Linux Has Gone Gold

Phoronix: Sacred Gold On Linux Has Gone Gold

It took longer than expected, but Linux Game Publishing is now prepared to ship Sacred Gold. The description of this game is below.In his fortress of Shaddar-Nur, the necromancer Shaddar, a pariah of the Band of Mages from Mystdale Castle, plans his triumphant return to the world of Ancaria...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This looks like quite an interesting and well developed game. $38 (?27) is a hell of a deal too.

Comment

Just a side note, Jets N Guns is done, I got it for Linux last week. Really, really fun SHMUP.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatWalrus View Post
        This looks like quite an interesting and well developed game. $38 (?27) is a hell of a deal too.
        Yes it's interesting.
        No, it's not well developed (netcode sucks).
        $38 for such an old game is really hell.

Comment

why would i buy this when the Good Old Games version comes:
          > with no DRM
          > at a price of $9.99

don't get me wrong, i love that they have done this, but where is the value?

Comment

Really good, not the game, but the coming of Linux version of games.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin View Post
              $38 for such an old game is really hell.
              Considering that it's a NEW game on Linux...

Comment

Anyway Financing LGP is not a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by R3MF View Post
                  don't get me wrong, i love that they have done this, but where is the value?
                  The GoG version is a WINDOWS version and you're buying it as such.

Each time you do something along those lines you send a message to the studios and publishers that you actually WANT to buy WINDOWS titles.

Seriously.

I'm not going to twist people's arms to go and buy it (partly because I've a relationship with LGP (Indicated by the tag on my handle here...)) but in the same breath, I'd be disinclined to give the wrong message just because "it's cheaper".

One of the things everyone has to realize is that as long as you keep equating what is a new title on Linux with "an old title", which might be the case on Windows, you're going to be waiting a LONG time for Linux specific titles unless they're indie stuff like Caster.

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                    unless they're indie stuff like Caster.
                    Indie games is where it's at anyway, a lot of mainstream games are boring. Just the same old brown coloured shooters with a mediocre story line that cost ~?30 for 10-15 hours of so called fun.

Comment

Working...
                    X