Request: Beta Testers for Caster on Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request: Beta Testers for Caster on Linux

Caster is now coming to a stage to do some limited closed beta testing- I've been beating on it with a few configurations and it seems pretty good, though I've got one or two things left to do to make me happy with the end result.

Therefore, because it's close, I'm placing a request for testers on this and several other sites- the window for requesting a Beta slot is until Monday of next week.

If you're interested in doing a bit of testing for about 1-2 weeks here fairly quickly, please send a request to [email protected] indicating your system configuration, including CPU speed, graphics card, distribution, etc.

The current target system is:
    • 1GHz X86 or better
    • 128Mb of RAM
    • An OpenGL 1.1 capable card. (Heh... This doesn't do anything 'fancy' so it should probably do 'okay' even with a GMA950 with the right CPU pushing it...)
    Last edited by Svartalf; 05 March 2009, 10:50 AM. Reason: Boggled the mailto:

Normally I'd sign up but I'm suffering from a distinct lack of time these days so I'll have to give it a miss.

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
      Caster is now coming to a stage to do some limited closed beta testing- I've been beating on it with a few configurations and it seems pretty good, though I've got one or two things left to do to make me happy with the end result.

Therefore, because it's close, I'm placing a request for testers on this and several other sites- the window for requesting a Beta slot is until Monday of next week.

If you're interested in doing a bit of testing for about 1-2 weeks here fairly quickly, please send a request to [email protected] indicating your system configuration, including CPU speed, graphics card, distribution, etc.

The current target system is:
      • 1GHz X86 or better
      • 128Mb of RAM
      • An OpenGL 1.1 capable card. (Heh... This doesn't do anything 'fancy' so it should probably do 'okay' even with a GMA950 with the right CPU pushing it...)
      Hey man, im interested, but i have a question. Does it necessarily have to have opengl acceleration? My linux box is not working properly, and i'd have to use linux in virtualbox. Can it run in software mode?

Comment

Originally posted by xav1r View Post
        Hey man, im interested, but i have a question. Does it necessarily have to have opengl acceleration? My linux box is not working properly, and i'd have to use linux in virtualbox. Can it run in software mode?
        Unfortunately, no. (And it explains your ongoing request (which hasn't been forgotten and I'm maybe getting somewhere with it for you- but it's down on the list over this thing...) Sorry to hear your Linux box is downish...)

Comment

Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
          Normally I'd sign up but I'm suffering from a distinct lack of time these days so I'll have to give it a miss.
          Shame... It's expected to be a somewhat short pass at it, so you might actually find a bit of time.

Comment

I'll jump on it...
            I shot an email to the linked address.

I'll be on my laptop more often, being able to test between lectures and labs.

My first real beta test, going to give it a shot here!

Comment

Normally, this sounds like a great opportunity but there's just not enough time for myself on this. Although, I would be concerned with how the installer works (rpm/deb/sh?).

Real good news, Svartalf!

Comment

Why not. I'm in for one. Email on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                  Unfortunately, no. (And it explains your ongoing request (which hasn't been forgotten and I'm maybe getting somewhere with it for you- but it's down on the list over this thing...) Sorry to hear your Linux box is downish...)

Ah, good to know youre still working on it. Well, maybe i can install linux natively on another computer, or dual boot in this one, so i can beta test this. I would really like to.

Comment

Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
                    Normally, this sounds like a great opportunity but there's just not enough time for myself on this. Although, I would be concerned with how the installer works (rpm/deb/sh?).

Real good news, Svartalf!
                    I'm currently planning on using mojosetup (Sorry, gang- logistics on trying to support all the differing packaging systems is going to be EVIL...), which while it makes it a non-participant in your packaging systems, it is one of the nicer compromise plays in that space. Moreover, the game's not big at all- it can comfortably be re-installed on multiple accounts without any appreciable pain involved.

Comment

Working...
                    X