Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valve/CodeWeavers Releases Proton 5.13-1 With More Windows Games Running On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
    I was hoping that some improvements for Star Wars: Squadrons (which is currently bork'd on SteamPlay) would be on there, but it looks like it's down the pile as almost all of those are several years old titles. Thou Death Stranding (2019) and Horizon: Zero Dawn (2017) did come out on PC this year so there is hope that Squadrons could become playable on SteamPlay before the end of the year.
    AFAIK Star Wars: Squadrons makes use of the infamous Easy Anti Cheat (EAC), so it's very unlikely to work any time soon.
    That being said, the game has mixed reviews due to a really poor content, so we are not missing anything here.
    Last edited by spykes; 16 October 2020, 07:32 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Finally, Galactic Civilizations III runs fine! OMG!!!

Comment

These begin to be interesting questions when shopping for a new graphics card...
        -how common are natively supported games (ports) that wouldn't run under proton?
        -from proton compatibility pov, is there much difference between running Nvidia or AMD hw?
        ...but I suppose there is no sufficient data/stats available to really answer either of those.

Comment

Totally love the work Mrpippy did with Rdr2. Made me buy crossover as in support. Thou Rockstars console port seems to be very bad in general. And as when im using 16:10 aspectration monitor 1920x1200 game forced me run only 1920x1080.

Thou after testing. The proton build seems to have fixed issues game had. Which is superb!
          Last edited by Dehir; 16 October 2020, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            Phoronix: Valve/CodeWeavers Releases Proton 5.13-1 With More Windows Games Running On Linux

The Wine-based Proton development has been disappointingly quiet in recent weeks but fortunately it's alive and ticking with today's Proton 5.13-1 release for powering Valve's Steam Play to run many modern Windows games gracefully on Linux...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag....13-1-Released
            Valve does better than send the code to upstream, the proton is mostly developed by upstream wine developers paid by Valve...

Comment

Originally posted by pmorph View Post
              These begin to be interesting questions when shopping for a new graphics card...
              -how common are natively supported games (ports) that wouldn't run under proton?
              -from proton compatibility pov, is there much difference between running Nvidia or AMD hw?
              ...but I suppose there is no sufficient data/stats available to really answer either of those.
              You need to get a graphic card with good Vulkan driver, proton converts dx to Vulkan these days, and most new native games will come with support to Vulkan.

Comment

Nice, this also fixes the lens flares blocking the screen in Detroit: Become Human, there is still a little bit of polygon distortion in some seans but it is acceptable judging by the demo of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by pmorph View Post
                  https://www.protondb.com/
                  with novideo under linux you are on your own

Comment

Good work. I'm personally waiting for a version of Proton which gets Microsoft Flight Simulator working.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                      https://www.protondb.com/
                      with novideo under linux you are on your own
                      Whoa, I had completely missed they have GPU stats. Good to see Nvidia/AMD are about even here.

Comment

Working...
                      X