Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDL2 Upstreams OS/2 Support

Phoronix: SDL2 Upstreams OS/2 Support

If 2020 couldn't get more peculiar, today the SDL2 project mainlined support for the OS/2 operating system...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...nline-OS2-Port

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post

Comment

OS/2... wow. Just wow. I know it was popular among banksters, but iirc. it was a half-dead offspring of some MS/IBM coop and it was around during my DOS days, but it slowly vanished from the normal stage into a few corners. But hey, why not?
      Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

I wish that Microsoft had used the NT kernel for OS/2 instead of Windows. OS/2 was the more interesting system in my opinion.

Comment

Cool, now they just need to bring back AmigaOS support to SDL2 and all will be good. :P

Comment

next on the list: OS/360 support :P

Comment

Originally posted by Cthulhux View Post
              I wish that Microsoft had used the NT kernel for OS/2 instead of Windows. OS/2 was the more interesting system in my opinion.
              For sure, I have fond memories of OS/2 Warp, it was far more stable than the buggy crashy WinOS's of the day, and had much better networking.

Comment

Instead of cleaning sources from old stuff, they add old stuff nobody use........

Comment

Pffft.
                  WHY, OH WHY?!

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
                    For sure, I have fond memories of OS/2 Warp, it was far more stable than the buggy crashy WinOS's of the day, and had much better networking.
                    Sure, with the right hardware it was. But if, like most end-users, you had budget hardware it was often anything but stable. Traps galore. Even IBM's own consumer oriented systems (e.g. the Aptiva) where effected by this.

I myself was an OS/2 user, and even have a whole bunch of IBM OS/2 related certifications. For my own systems, I was very picky as to the hardware I put into it for this very reason. The plus side, is that when I installed Slackware Linux in 1995 for the first time as an additional OS, everything just worked (Video, Sound, Networking, CD-ROM) as all my components where well supported.

Comment

Working...
                    X