Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXVK 1.7.2 Released With Many Fixes For Direct3D Atop Vulkan

Phoronix: DXVK 1.7.2 Released With Many Fixes For Direct3D Atop Vulkan

DXVK 1.7.2 was just released as this popular library for mapping Direct3D 9/10/11 atop the Vulkan API primarily for accelerating Windows games on Linux via the likes of Steam Play (Proton) and Wine...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I thought Baldur's Gate 3 is using Vulkan, why does dxvk need fixes for it?

Comment

In my case works with nvidia drivers 455.22.04

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
        I thought Baldur's Gate 3 is using Vulkan, why does dxvk need fixes for it?
        Per the minimum requirements:

Default API is Vulkan 1.1. Directx11 API also provided. The minimum requirements might decrease over the course of Early Access, as performance improves. Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Per the minimum requirements:
          Instead of bothering with DirectX, they should have released it for Linux proper. It would have been a smaller effort.

Comment

It looks like mingw-gcc 8.3 is too old to build this version but mingw-gcc 10.2 works fine.

Comment

Hopefully FlightlessMango uploads a new comparison video.

From time to time, he uploads on youtube comparison videos, between WINE/DXVK, WINE/VKD3D, Windows DirectX 11 and Windows DirectX 12
              The benchmark is run with the Ultra preset with some modification.Tesselation and Hairworks are both turned off because of VKD3D.Tesselation caused major per...

The last of this comparison videos is from September 10th, 2020
              https://flightlessmango.com/benchmarks/lNNX_mBSWb8https://www.patreon.com/FlightlessMangoBenchmark Info:Resolution 1920x1080Linux Driver: 450.56.06Windows Dr...

12 days later WINE published the new version of VKD3D 1.2.
              Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And now released Valve DXVK 1.7.2.

So I think, it is time for a new test

Greetings
              theuserbl

Comment

Im impressed with the improvements on linux. nearly every title i have on manjaro work.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                  Instead of bothering with DirectX, they should have released it for Linux proper. It would have been a smaller effort.
                  That's the opposite of reality.

Comment

Originally posted by brad0 View Post

That's the opposite of reality.
                    That's the reality. Their primary API is Vulkan. So adding DirectX support? That's no small feat. All that wasted time should have been used for releasing for Linux.

Comment

Working...
                    X