Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steam On Linux Ticks Closer To 1.0%, AMD CPUs Now Power A Third Of Linux Gaming Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sarmad View Post

Then what are you doing on this forum? Or are you here just for trolling?
    Are from BLM, that you tell people where they can be and who can be?

I like Windows so I don't allow to be on phoronix?

Linux fans like other letf wings are so tolerant.

Comment

Originally posted by HEL88 View Post

You are entitled to appreciate Windows. Even to lose your time coming here denigrating something you don't use or like.

What you are not entitled to is to make basic and incorrect generalizations about Linux fans.

Comment

Maybay, maby ... mayby
        few more tries please

Comment

Linux is complete unnecessary like Windows Mobile on mobile. Market don't wont linux.
          moron, linux is the dominating operating system. it is dominating in total and in every separate segment except desktops, because on desktops ms abuses monopoly(making you happy slave), it will take more time. but desktops are stagnating, the only growing segment of desktops is chromebooks(linux). btw, as we can see on steam linux has more than quarter of macos share. just 4 times more and linux will overtake macos which has $trillion company depending on it
          Last edited by pal666; 03 October 2020, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rfdickerson View Post
            It's funny- each month I decide to not dual boot and play all my games on Linux I see an uptick here regarding a sub-percentile gain Anyhow, Linux Gamer for life!
            linux gamers don't dual boot

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
              moron, imbeciles
              Yep. linux fans, is quite agressive and vulgar as others minority like LGBT, feminicsts, BLM or islamist in Europe.

happy slave
              You are slave by very small software linux ekosystem. You are stuck with poor software. I'm free because I can get all sort of software or hardware.

Linux software ekosystem is small and pitty and eg:

63 Programs availabe on Windows

Buy official Autodesk software online and get the latest 3D design, engineering, and animation software.

and only 6 for Linux

https://www.autodesk.com/products?so...latform--linux

Linux lacks tons of software, and lies linux troll like you, don't change it.

And linux has tons of problems eg. my laptop have screentearing, and hang up when wakeing up. I must reinstal system after upadate from mint 19 to 20. Trolls like you describes linux as gold on desktop, but in reality is sort of crap.

Linux is good kernel, but GNU/Linux is poor system on desktop.
              Last edited by HEL88; 04 October 2020, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by liamdawe View Post
                Updated the GOL Steam Tracker which shows data over time. Clear upwards trend.
                is possible to add all spanish speakers like all the english speakers are together too? So we can compare languages not only with spain that are ony 40M people.

Comment

63 Programs availabe on Windows

and only 6 for Linux
                  This is only autodesk and its not the full picture you leave out that Mac here is only 25. And one of those 6 applications for Linux is not on Mac and Linux that is Monitionbuilder that is Windows and Linux. Then there is 1 that on Linux that is not on Windows that is Flame that is Mac OS and Linux. Funny part Monitionbuilder and flame is a useful combination to be used with each other.

Linux lacks tons of software, and lies linux troll like you, don't change it.
                  The reality no matter the platform you choose you are going to be missing software. The question for the user is does the software matter to them. Like if you are needing to use flame and monitionbuilder in a unified workflow for some reason the best choice is Linux.

Linux is good kernel, but GNU/Linux is poor system on desktop.
                  I would not say so it depends on what you desktop need todo. There are cases with the software autodesk provides and other software companies were particular workflows are better on Linux. Yes I would like to see more software on Linux but there are tones of odd cases where the best desktop for a particular workflow is Linux. In fact ignoring Linux can result in having a Windows and Mac machine resulting in having massively under powered hardware in the Mac Machine all time.

I have bought laptops build for Linux over the years. Lot of issues people complain about don't happen on hardware built for Linux of course not all distributions are created equal.

Comment

So, from when are all linux fans on left?For example in my case this generalization is false. I'm anarcho-capitalist...

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X