Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VKD3D 1.2 Is Ready To Offer Better Direct3D 12 To Vulkan Support

Phoronix: VKD3D 1.2 Is Ready To Offer Better Direct3D 12 To Vulkan Support

Patches pending for VKD3D take this Direct3D 12 to Vulkan translation library up to version 1.2. This library continues advancing in pushing along the D3D12-over-Vulkan performance primarily for Windows games on Linux just as DXVK has done for D3D9 through D3D11...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looks like the patch failed to apply.

Code:
    === debiant (build log) ===

error: patch failed: ANNOUNCE:1
    error: patch failed: AUTHORS:1
    error: patch failed: [URL="http://configure.ac:1"]configure.ac:1[/URL]
    Task: Patch failed to apply

=== debiant (build log) ===

error: patch failed: ANNOUNCE:1
    error: patch failed: AUTHORS:1
    error: patch failed: [URL="http://configure.ac:1"]configure.ac:1[/URL]
    Task: Patch failed to apply
    Guess there's no 1.2 today...

Comment

results are very promising of the overall development of vkd3d but not near the win10 on par perfromance as with dxvk. But definitively usable once in a while

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
        results are very promising of the overall development of vkd3d but not near the win10 on par perfromance as with dxvk. But definitively usable once in a while

https://flightlessmango.com/
        The results on Flightless Mango are of VKD3D-Proton, which is a hardfork from a long time ago, not upstream.

Comment

Please test something like RE3, Control, or Horizon ZD with Win10 dx12, and after VKD3D-Proton. I assume 30-35% performance loss.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshuaAshton View Post
            The results on Flightless Mango are of VKD3D-Proton, which is a hardfork from a long time ago, not upstream.
            Thx for the clarification. I was not aware about it.

Comment

Originally posted by xcom View Post

Please test something like RE3, Control, or Horizon ZD with Win10 dx12, and after VKD3D-Proton. I assume 30-35% performance loss.
              I habe play RE3 true performance loss. But no glitches or havey stutter. Played only the demo. But overall vkd3d is usable. Performance wise not near dxvk.
              But I already wrote that.

Comment

This isn't related, he's using vkd3d-proton in these videos not the upstream vkd3d. vkd3d can't run any of those games.

I habe play RE3 true performance loss. But no glitches or havey stutter. Played only the demo. But overall vkd3d is usable. Performance wise not near dxvk.
                But I already wrote that.
                I'm pretty sure vkd3d doesn't run RE3. I think you are still thinking of vkd3d-proton.
                Last edited by Vash63; 22 September 2020, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vash63 View Post

This isn't related, he's using vkd3d-proton in these videos not the upstream vkd3d. vkd3d can't run any of those games.

I'm pretty sure vkd3d doesn't run RE3. I think you are still thinking of vkd3d-proton.
                  Is it that much altered. I thought it is the same. Thanks for pointing out that both can not really be compared not even with a version gap.
                  Yes I was playing RE3 with Steam, so true proton.

Comment

Is it that much altered. I thought it is the same. Thanks for pointing out that both can not really be compared not even with a version gap.
                    Yes I was playing RE3 with Steam, so true proton.
                    They're very, very different. vkd3d-proton work started long before it got officially renamed as it became obvious that merging upstream was not happening quickly/reliably enough. Maybe something like WoW can run on vkd3d but I don't think anything more modern does.

Comment

Working...
                    X